[2]

I wake up to the sound birds chirping nearby my window. The light shining through the shades causes me to groan. As soon as I move, I feel a stinging pain run across my neck and down my spine causing my entire body to grow stiff.

My fingers brush against my neck and soon I notice four bite marks protruding from my neck.

I snap up and look around at my surroundings and notice I am back home in the comfort of my room. Getting up so quickly made me feel nauseous, but I still try to get up. It causes me to fumble around until I find my balance again.

The blurry images from that instance of time makes it reappearance to the forefront of mind. He... sucked my blood... That guy...with blood red hair and eyes that could rival any green gem...

"Aye, Lance you're finally awake." His voice takes me out of my thoughts. I shake my head trying to clear away my dizzy spell and try to find where he is at in the room.

"You were unconscious for almost three days due to all your blood loss."

"That mother fucker almost killed me!" I yell ignoring the fact that my friend, Jake, is in the room.

"...So you knew hi-?"

"No," I say as I quick as I cut him off. " I just... " As I think about what happened that day my eyes slowly begin to narrow.

"You just need to take it easy Lance." I frown.

"That... ungrateful, fucking bitch left me for dead! I'm going to kill him if I ever see him again," I growl which only causes Jake to look at me quizzically.

"So would you care to explain?"

"No." I rub my forehead and look at everything but him. He's asking too many questions I cannot answer right now.

"I'm just not in my right mind. Ignore me."

"You never are."

"I need to shower."

I begin stripping off my clothes in front of him as I walk towards my bathroom while starting the shower. As soon as the water is hot enough I hop in not bothering to linger on Jake and his thoughts of me.

My head against the shower and let the water completely wash over me letting my emotions finally sink in. My wolf is a little on edge, but he still purrs at the slightest thought of him. I furrow my brows and put my hand against the shower thrown of with the emotions my wolf is displaying right now.This is just useless. Thinking about this...

I finally drag myself out the shower and put on a pair of boxers and a pair of loose fitting denim jeans that hanged loosely around my hips. Jake's eyes scans me up and down before turning around.

"Look, Lance, Ally was the one that found you. She was crying her eyes out thinking that you were dead."

I sigh softly. Great...now she will definitely be worrying over me. He turns around and looks at me with those misty grey eyes of his. He's tall, but not taller than me, nice build expected of a werewolf and hair a nice golden color.

I smirk. Such a pretty boy. I wonder why I don't feel the slightest bit attracted to him. Yet, with... I'm beyond conflicted. Of course I'm not attracted to men. I've never been attracted to men. I scoff.

I mean look at me.

"Lance." There's a bit of irritation present in his voice, but I ignore it.

"What happened?"

I run my fingers through my hair nervously at the mere thought of having to explain what occurred there. Talking about my sexuality because of some random guy in the forest is not something that can be up for discussion anytime soon.

" It's hard to explain. Let's just drop it."I walk out of my room only to be greeted with a glare from my father. "I should have seen this one coming, " I mumbled under my breath. My father gives Jake a look before he moves out of his way and down the stairs.

"You never fail to disappointment."

My lips purse as I force a smile onto my face. "Well, at least that's one thing I'm good at."

"How dare you shame me like that. You have Alpha blood running through your veins. Defeat is dishonor upon our house. Don't you understand that? "I bet you would have liked it if I had died."

"These days, it makes it seem possible. Make sure you stay out of my sight."

" Gladly," I respond with a curt nod as he passes by me towards his own room.

As I walked down the bright corridor Ally surprises me by jumping out of nowhere and hugs me so tight I can feel the pain and after effects that didn't properly heal yet from that day causing me to wince.

"Oh, I'm sorry."

She reluctantly lets go of me and shies away. "It's your father again... isn't it?" I shrug her away. But seeing that blank worried expression caused me to take her hand and walk her out of the pack house catching glimpses and glances from pack members in the process.

"Before you ask, I don't know what happened. I saw this guy in the forest, tried to help him, then. . . he was an ass. Just fucking irritating as hell. Always had some god damn snarky excuse for everything I said to him.So... it somehow ended like this. It was...more playful...then anything else. I mean I could have...killed him if I wanted to," I say completely unsure of my words.

"Playful fighting?! You-"

" I know. It was one of those extreme cases. " I laugh a little. I enjoyed it in a weird way but I'm not willing admit that out loud.

She begins shaking her head.

"The desire to be near him was overwhelming. Even when I didn't want to my wolf wanted it. Commanded it. Ally, he talked to me."

She laughs out loud. "You've really gone insane."

"No I'm serious. I knew I shouldn't have said anything."

"No no no- go on." I look at her and frown.

"Don't worry. Next time I see him I'm going to kill him."Wait, what? I thought you said it was 'play fighting'? I thought you made a new... friend?"

My eyes narrow at this. "I don't know what to call him.He almost-" I grind down on my teeth at the utterance.

"So... he's the one that did all that to you?" I nod my head.

"I don't know what it was, but his scent smelled so intoxicating. It was like a drug to my senses. My wolf was high on him. It wouldn't have happened if it weren't for that."

"Hmm he could be from a different pack. You know... one of those ancient ones."

"Those are only stories weres tell their pups to scare them. You know they don't exist," I scoff. "That's impossible."

"I think you should befriend him. Though he did cause you to become unconscious, I'm sure he would have killed you if he really wanted to..."

"Allison. He sucked my blood. Who the fuck does that?"I yell making her eyebrows furrow. She grimaces at the thought then gets up and looks and me smiling wistfully.

"You're going to do great things Lance. But with great responsibility comes great sacrifice." There's a change in her expression as she says this to me.

"Ally what are you..." She quickly looks away from me.

"I have to go check on Jake. He got injured while making rounds."

"What? I saw him just a min- " She hurries back inside with her hand covering her face." Strange... friends... huh?" I can't help the smirk that comes onto my face.

Not before I make him bow down on the ground and beg for my forgiveness.