- Part Three-

[A/N] Gaaahd. This is a rough chapter to transition into. He really does have it bad right now. 0_0 With this new set of information do you think their relationship will change? 

 Enjoy. 

 I stand on the outskirts of my territory looking back at the red woods then looking forward again. It's been almost a week since he left. . . I wonder how it was so easy for him. . .but so hard for me. This pack has grown on me and I honestly don't want to leave them. . .

Once I step one foot into my territory I'm sure everyone is going to know I'm back. I sigh at this. But I have to. I continue to walk into my pack lands and that's when I begin to smell it. 

Blood. And so much of it. It reeks everywhere of rotting and burning flesh. I walk faster and faster towards the  buildings and see that no damage is done to the quarters. Where is that smell coming from? My body instantly begins to tense up. I know something isn't right here.

The pack hospital.

I practically rush over there and my eyes widen from what I see. There is so much people with untreated gashes on their arms and torsos. A lot of them were letting out faint sighs of pain while many others were cringing onto the floor crying out in pain causing my heart to wince. 

I make my way towards the field of people and almost instantly do people begin to realize my presence. There were long gasps and short cries and many of the female weres begin to break out into sobs. As I locked eyes with a couple of them I expected to see the normal reaction I'm used to getting. Hate and disdain. But it isn't.

It was hope. . .and relief. . .?

" What is-"

"  Lance you're back! Thank goodness you came back!" Ally's voice brings me out of my confused thoughts as she runs up and hugs me. She smelled of blood and dirt. . .and it just isn't sitting well with me. None of this is. I push her away from me lightly as I see her reddened eyes. Her face has so much dried up tears on it. 

" Ally. . .what's going on. . .?"

She wipes her nose with the side of her hand trying to hold back a sniff. Her eyes strays away from mine and she backs up a little from me. " We were attacked. . .so much of us died. I couldn't do anything! Anything! Jake had gotten injured as well and Richard. . .well Richard. . .She begins crying as she falls to the ground. There was blood everywhere. . .so much blood!"

" Ally!"

She snaps her head back up to me. " Where's- where's my father? My mother? Why is our pack so broken and vulnerable?!" I didn't mean to yell at her but I'm shaken beyond belief that my pack could become so bad after a few months of being away. How could he have let this happen?

". . .He. . . He can't help us Lance."

My eyes squint in confusion and soon anger replaces it. " What do you mean he can't help us?! He's the damn Alpha!" People begin to look at me full of sorrow and disdain in their eyes. I know I am not going to get the answers I want from Ally. She's a complete mess. . .I understand but I need answers.

Before I can leave her I see Matt making his way towards me pushing past people, along with Richard following behind him. Uneasiness completely consumes me as I make out the dread in Richards eyes along with Matt's lifeless eyes peering through me.

". . .We're all really glad you decided to come back. . .I know you had the choice to stay. . .but I am so glad you came back to us. . ." Richard says making my eyes widen. What the hell is going on?! " Matt. . .what's going on?"

" These. . .these things came into our territory. We immediately sent people to push them out but they continued to enter into our territory so more people were sent out and more. . .and more until it became like this." He flops his hands down in utter defeat. " The Alpha went to meet with theirs and he came back with so much blood over him and the weres that escorted him were no where to be found with him."