Chapter 4

"He could have me if he wanted to." What kind of shit was I thinking. Of course not. He... definitely can't.

"Gaah!" I run my hand through my hair from pure frustration.

Ever since that day its been a bit off between us. We would dance around that subject but never say anything directly about it. Thank god. It would be awkward. 

I mean our conversation that day... now that I think about it was much like a couple argument. Him jealous, me the oblivious girlfriend.  I put my head down before it rises again with shock.

"Wait... so I would be the girl?" 

"You'd be the girl? Jake repeats it back to me. "Man, lately you've been saying some weird shit." He says while laughing. I push him off the table till he falls off.

"Shut up. It's none of your business." 

"Don't tell me your gay?" he asks with a snicker. In return, he gets a kick to the stomach. 

"Really, Jake. Really?" 

He bursts into laughter which only makes me frown. Such an asshole. " I'm sorry it was just too good of an opportunity to pass up."

I think I'm going crazy or at least my hormones are. Maybe I shouldn't see him tonight. I think I need a little break  from... this.

"So, where is Allison and Matt?"

"Umm... Ally is with well you know..."

"Micah." 

I sigh while pinching the bridge of my nose. I just can't get away from drama for a day can I? 

" Matt?" 

" He's with Amanda."

" What the F U C K?!"  "Why the fuck is he with her?!"

Jake scratches his head and looks away from me. " I guess everyone is catching the love bug this year huh?"

I rub my forehead roughly. Ok. I have to handle this situation calmly and respectfully. I inhale and then exhale.

" Lets go get them. We can't have them influencing them to make or do rash decisions now can we? I asked devilishly."

Jake smiled with a grin. 

" Yes. Lance you are right. We should make sure that they are both in their right minds." 

With our devilish plan in action we began heading to the place all the teens hang out. The Grounds.   Soon enough I smell out Micah and Ally together her on a swing him beside her. Her laughing, him smiling.

Jake, go and fetch Matt. I got this. He nods and runs off.

My eyes narrowed at Micah. Aye, Ally. I walk to them with a close to fake smile on my face.

"Oh Lance. I forgot I am so sorry."

" It's fine. I knew it was less important compared to him." 

Her eyes widened.

" Lan- "

"It's fine. Really."

I look at Micah with a glare. Pushing him away as I grab her arm and take her a little distance from him. " Hanging around him only spells trouble. Don't you understand he is probably only using you to get to me."

She snatches her hand away from me.

" This isn't all about you Lance. Micah isn't like that. He would never use me in the ways you're implying!"