Chapter 29

Open Hands-Ingrid Michaelson--------> Give it a listen! Goes so well with this chapter. 

Just like I thought, he wasn't there when I woke up. Even though I knew this I don't understand why I always feel surprised or hurt when it happens. I constantly get this aching feeling in my stomach and it always makes me feel uneasy. I roll over on my bed putting my nose on the sheets smelling for his fading scent that's no longer there. The sheets has long since been washed and replaced.

My stomach starts to grumble making me sigh out. I don't want to go down there. I've been avoiding him for a couple days now, but I honestly have no choice. My wolf will just start to get moody and ill-tempered if I don't. I get up reluctantly and make my way towards my door. As soon as I open it the smell of pancakes, eggs, ham, and sausage fills my nose. 

Followed by the smell I can hear many of my pack mates up chattering and laughing through the halls. I walk down the hall getting smiles, stares, and giggles from the she-wolves and only nods from the others. " Hey Lance." Ally comes and tightens her arm around mine. " You smell nice."

I laugh at this. " Do I?"

" So. . .was it really him?"

I bite down on my lip subconsciously as he heads down the second flight of stairs. After Seth left Micah was the first one to come and knock on my door. He realized the scent was gone and Seth's scent filled the emptiness. I never asked him to, but he took on the 'blame,' the reason for why I was no longer in heat.  He obviously still likes me, so I really can't understand why he would do something like that. 

" I know it wasn't." She says sharply under her breathe.

" Hey Ally. Lance." Dany says while flipping some pancakes over and putting some on the stacks of pancakes already filling the table. Hungry eyes begin to set on Ally and I both making her squirm a little. She-Wolves are in heat and guys want to help. I notice how uneasy it is making her. " Finish your meals, she isn't your breakfast." I snap making all their heads turn back to their food. Honestly it isn't their fault, but they should show some self-control. 

" Hey Dany." I say lowly while giving her a small hug from behind. She just came to this pack not too long ago. She was a rogue before. . .and I more or less gave her a place in this pack. My wolf instantly had taken a liking to her which is rare and we almost immediately started to become good friends. Her strawberry-blonde waves of hair begin to sway as she leans into me and smiles. " Man it really is a bummer that you already have a mate. I swear the good ones are always taken." I smile at this and hug her a little tighter.

" Alpha Hallen wants you."

I let out a sigh and grab a pancake off the skillet before leaving. " Make me plate. I'll see you later Ally."

" Bye." 

" Bye~" Dany says flirtatiously while waving at me.  

I walk down the long narrow hallway all the way in the back of the pack house. It's completely secluded from all the other rooms and places inside.I look around noticing the lights getting dimmer and dimmer. The air itself is kind of cold.

"Lance, pleased to see your face again." He says emotionlessly making me divert my eyes away from him.

" Yeah, I can tell." I say back apathetically.

"Have a seat. We need to discuss some things."

"Again?  There is nothing to discuss." My eyes narrow at him as his narrow back at me.

"Have a seat. Now." I can feel his Alpha command seeping into me making me unwillingly oblige.

" Now. . .you may be able to fool the rest of your pack mates and kin but you cannot fool me. I told you time and time again that mate of yours will bring you nothing but misfortune."