Chapter Twenty-One

Seth's P.O.V

I sit in one of the vacant chairs looking outside the balcony towards the open scenery with Lance swimming in my thoughts. The way he was acting. . .was rightly deserved. I deserved to be hit in the face because what I've done to him was utterly selfish and cruel.

Unforgivable.

Yet. . . I flip over the note and re-read it while sighing in the process. He goes on and makes me feel like I'm worse than garbage. . .dirt beneath his shoe. I honestly don't deserve him. . .as a friend. . .a lover. . .a mate. I don't deserve anything from him. . . nonetheless his feelings.

I carried him on long enough. I'm happy that this little charade is over. I don't think I could of have taken anymore more of him seeing a future between us. I admit while clutching my fists. He already knew some things about the impending war. . .I wonder how much he knew while he was still with me, when I still claimed him as mine?

. . .Probably not much. He would have killed me if he knew everything. All the dirty little secrets I have kept hidden from him and I more than likely would have let him.

I get up and decide to walk downstairs out the building not trying to let these usless feelings nestle in too deeply. I feel a large thump on my shoulder and turn my head slightly to face him with downcasted eyes. " So I've heard. . .you made your decision." I nod reluctantly. I can see the smile plastered on his face without me having to even look up. " Good. "

" You were once an outcast. Pulled yourself higher up in our pack by your own accord. For you to claim that filthy dog as your mate would have sunk you even lower than what you were before." That wasn't the reasoning beind my decision, Damon." 

He smirks. " So you say. I was afraid for a second. . .that you mingled too much of your personal feelings in with your job. You know they would have sent me to handle you right? I couldn't have possibly done that. . .again."

He cups my face into his hands making me look at him. " I know I am being harsh. . .rude. . .and mean. But it isn't out of spite. I only am doing this to help you."

" You don't have to explain yourself. We've been friends for years. I already know why you do everything you do."

He laughs at this while kissing my forehead. "And that's why I love you." I smile at this while putting my hands over his arms looking into his hazel eyes for a second then shamelessly looking away. " Seth don't tell me. . ."

I forgot he could sense feelings through just looking at you in the eyes. I always kept my feelings gaurded from him but I slipped up this time.

" It's all over now. You don't have to worry about it."

" You're actually in love with that mutt?"

" He isn't a mutt Damon, quit insulting him!" I yell before I can catch myself. He slaps his hand over his forehead and moans out loud. " Ahh shit."

" Damon, stop it. You knew since forever now. Quit acting like it's a new discovery." I hear Isabel say as she walks up to us. " So you lost your friend with benefits, so what? Find another one."

He growls lowly under his breathe. " It isn't like that, Izzy. His feelings may get in the way of our future jobs. He may not even do it!" I close my eyes at this. Of course I would do it. . .just as long as if he isn't in danger.

She shakes her head. " So his. . .partner. . .may be a little different. That's not his fault. Because you have yet to find your mate you don't understand." 

" Guys. . .enough. I already handled the situation. Sure I may have caught feelings for him but they were one-sided-"

" That's hard to believe." cuts in Damon. I look at him crossly as I continue talking.