Chapter Nineteen

Hi guys sorry for the long wait! But TA DAA, like magic, a new chapter has been posted. There will be a part two to this chapter because I want to explain everything in detail so guys don't be too mad at me towards the end!! I hope you like it and can really connect with the characters. :)

You can always tell me your thoughts on anything.(Negative or Positive) Don't be too shy!  

Lance's P.O.V

I look him straight in the eyes unconvinced. He is just saying what I want to hear. He may think of me as a " girl" but I was a player, a big player, man whore persay, before I laid eyes on him. I know the whole tell them what they want to hear game.

I did it.

So

Many

Damn

Times.

I'm not stupid. But. . .he did say something of interest that I have been wondering about for a very long time.

Himself.

He tightens his hold on my hands. " I. . ." He stops what he is trying to say and looks towards the ground. " I never wanted a mate. I thought I was better off without one since I was a unique case and I never thought I would have one in the first place anyway. . ."

" I knew you were my mate since I first saw you and smelled your scent. It drove me crazy. Absolutely crazy. I wanted you. But then again I didn't want you. Most of me. . . disagreed with the prospect of sharing my life with you. A Guy."

" So. . .I well you know how it ended up."

My face scrunches up in confusion. No normal were would dare to harm their mate purposely nonetheless try to kill them. What the hell. . .

He loosens his grip on my hands as he gets up and walks away from me. " Before I met you I did a lot of things that I regret and that I'm not proud of."

" I didn't want you caught up in any of it so I just never told you. . ."

My eyes try to find his but he turns away from me before I can register any kind of emotion from him.

" Seth just let me-" he stops me by raising his hand. " You're curious about me right? You want know about me so I'm going to tell you."

"But-" I shake my head. Seeing that look on his face. . . In a split second from the other side of the room he appears in front of me.

" I know you are still unsure about me and I understand why. That is why I want to prove my sincerity and also the sincerity of my words to you." He states so softly I could hardly believe he was the same person just a couple minutes ago.

" It's not that I don't trust you. . .We have known each other for a long time now but then again we haven't. . ." I finish off saying as I comb my fingers through my hair while subtly biting down on my dry lips.

His green gems finally fall on me and with a sad smile he says " . . . I know you're afraid of what I am going to say."

" A little." I admit despite myself. But I shouldn't be. I should feel like whatever he has to say won't change the way I feel about him. It definitely shouldn't so why . . . is my heart beating so fast? Why am I so afraid? 

 " That would be unreasonable to ask of you. . ." My eyes widen. " I should have told you the moment I asked to keep seeing you but. . . I didn't want to lose you when I just started developing some sense of attachment and feelings for you." He sighs. " I know this seems a little far fetched but it's true."