Chapter 13

He stayed for awhile now. Almost 2 days has gone by since he came here, which is unusual. He never bothered to stay even a night before. But recently he has been staying a little longer than what's natural for him. I find that kind of strange. . .

I run my hand through my wet black hair as I see him sleeping on my bed. He came back with so much injuries. . . If I ask him about it he will only brush me off or better yet say I act like a girl. I scowl at this. 

But I'm happy all at the same time.

He's here.

With me.

But he shouldn't be. . .  not by the looks of those gashes and cuts that were on his torso, arms even his neck. I let my eyes linger on him for a little more before I walk out the room placing a note beside my bed before I leave.

I can't just selfishly want him here even if I need him. He has responsibilities. . .a life of his own. What he does with it. . . shouldn't concern me. He says I don't get it. But get what? What am I suppose to get? That I mean something more to him than just a friend? That I'm his mate?

If that's the case. . . I would be happy. But I would also be a little upset. Don't get me wrong. I like him a lot. A Lot. It's just that. . .I'm not normal. I'm not the same as everyone else. I'll complicate his life even more than what it already is.

There is still so much I have yet to learn from him and it's bugging me a little that I cannot voice my feelings into words. The only way I can get my feelings across is by expressing it physically. But I don't want him to think that all I want him for is for. . .that purpose alone.

I take my hand through my hair once more getting more and more anxious and confused. As I think about what had happened the other day my mind becomes even more boggled and stressed. I admitted I liked him out of pure frustration which was stupid of me. I don't even know whether he feels the same about me. Mate or not. . . we are attracted to one another. But does that mean he actually has feelings for me that goes beyond more than a friend?

After being alone for so long it caused me to do some irrational things and now that I have the time to reflect on it I feel like a complete idiot. I always been alone with a few friends,scattered here and there, even before he came into my life. I don't see what was the big problem. I'm selfish. I'm rude. I'm ' needy ', and I have a terrible temper. . . and he still wants to be around me? I shake my head as a wistful smile appears on my face.

Soon I'm at The Grounds looking around for Micah's possible presence here, and just like I thought. He's here. Waiting. I let out a sigh as his head pops up and notices me, my scent giving me away. 

His hair is wet and his usually bright cheerful blue eyes look pale and lifeless. His smile though held so much joy it made up for it. " Lance. . .so you finally came." I nod my head.

" What do you want to talk about Micah?" His head lowers. " Allison and Jake would like to see you, speak to you again." My eyebrow raises. " And they couldn't come here themselves because. . .?"

" . . .They don't know I came here or even talked with you. They think you hate them Lance! Allison is a complete mess. You don't understand how much your words hurt them. . ." My eyes narrow at this. " Hurt them? I don't give a flying fuck! I'm not out here fucking around with some guy that hates my guts. I'm not choosing my crush over my best friends! Get the fuck out of here with that shit!" I yell despite me wanting to keep my composure.

" Why are you even here trying to rekindle things hm? Did Matt send you?" His eyes widen then advert from my eyes as I see flickers of hurt in them. " . . .No. . . I came. . . because I care about you. How many times must I tell you?" I step closer to him hovering over him in the process.