Chapter 11

Being utterly alone for the past weeks caused numbness to overtake my body and emotions. My wolf began to grow quieter and quieter as the days passed by. He is still vicious don't get me wrong but... he's been a little off. Sometimes, I can't even tell if he's still in there or not.

I sit in class with my head down not bothering to look around. I already knew no one is sitting on my side of the room. I'm the only one on this side. I know if they. . . could they would sit by me. But even I fear what I would do to them from all this pent up rage.

I miss them. I yearn for their company. Hearing their laughter and playful jokes. I crave for what we had before. I wonder... if that is all loss in the past now. Even after this ban is lifted will... things still be the same? Would I still be able to laugh with them like usual? I don't bother to look over there instead I close my eyes and let out a low sigh.

It's not. No matter how much I wish for it to be. Matt has probably poisoned their minds with his lies and-

My wolf lets out a low whimper.

I open my eyes and notice I'm the only one left in the class. 

" Lance, let's go." My personal guard says to me as he uncuffs me. I walk out with my head still held high my hands in the back of my head.

The gaurd pushes me to go faster.

I turn around quickly and let it out a blood curdling snarl causing my old friends to turn their heads. My guard looks scared out his little mind and backs up slowly away from me.

" He's going to assign me a guard that's scared of me?" I scoff " How smart of him." I mumble to myself but loud of enough for people to hear.

I smirk again. " Don't feel bad. Everyone is these days. Just make sure. . . next time. . . don't fucking touch me." I snarl. 

I can practically smell the fear excreeting from him.

I sigh and continue to move towards the pack house. Today the ban will be lifted. But I don't care. I don't want to see them.

The only one...I...

I shake my head at the thought as my eyes narrow. I don't need anyone. I never have. It only makes my wolf growls at the comment I made knowing that it was nothing but lies. 

Soon, I enter the pack house and walk up the stairs to my room, shutting the door behind me. The aroma of the air filling my room caused my wolf to purr and growl all at the same time. It is same scent that always relaxes me. I look around my room and notice Seth bleeding from his arm with gashes strewn all along his body. It sends my wolf into a frenzy.

My concern for his well-being overtakes my righteous anger and resentment as I quickly make my way over to him. 

"Are you-"

"I'm fine." He shoos me away causing me to cut my eyes away from him. 

"Then you should leave,"  I say not bothering to hide my disdain of his presence here.

His eyes narrow as he tries to stop some of the bleeding that is coming from his arm. "I know why you're mad."

"It doesn't take a rocket scientist!" I shout with anger boiling from inside of me. He truly doesn't know what his absence caused me to feel for all these days, weeks even! " Do you know what I've been through this past month... alone?" I yell again, tears pricking at my eyes. 

I watch as his head bows low as he tries to make his way over to me. " I know...you needed me. I wanted to come to you but..." He looks away from me. " I couldn't."