- Part One -

NEEDS SOME MAJOR REVISION AS WELL AS EDITING!

______________________________________________________

How can something so beautiful be so painful to gaze at? I look up at the sky with a blank, wishful expression lingering on my face. The sheets of clouds covered up the lowering sun which causes a hue of colors to overtake the blue that once pervaded the sky.

Closing my eyes, I resigned myself to a fate I knew I could never escape. It was futile to even dream of a life outside of this one. My eyes burned with rage as hot tears begin to fill my eyes at the very thought of being trapped here, but there was no other place but here.

"I do not belong here," I say aloud for anyone with ears to hear. My teeth crunch down against my bottom lip before I slam my fist against a nearby tree that was not even the object of my frustration. Of course, the anger still lingered.

In less than a second someone rushes outside, probably wondering where the rumbling noise had come from. Sometimes I forget just how much strength I have compared to most others of my kind. It can be a blessing and a curse at time.

"Lance! Not again, " a girl's voice filled with concern says while sighing. That motherly tone could only belong to one person.

Allison. My best friend. My home. My heart.

Though she is only a few months older than me, she acts like the mother I should have. She's the only reason why I can stand to stay here. Without her, the Goddess would only know what would become of me. I watch as her brows furrow and soon a worried expression is plastered all over her face. Her small hands grabs one of mine and tugs at it to gain my fading attention. These days I tend to daydream a lot and I guess she finally has begun to catch on.

"You need to find a good outlet to express yourself, " she chides causing me to scoff.

"You sound like a shrink, " I mumble back. A weak response, but what can I say to someone who is staring me down with a motherly glare full of reprimand?

She feigns hurt and it gets a little smirk out of me. "Let's go somewhere." "Why?"

I casually run my fingers through my black blades of hair that are beginning to dangle in my face. Seriously, I need a hair cut. I hate it when hair gets in my eyes. She slaps the side of my hand regaining my attention again.

"You know why," she states smugly. "You've been cooped up in your room for the Goddess only knows how long! A little fresh air would be good for you."

"I'm outside." I gesture with my hand. "This is more than enough fresh air for anyone. The forest is all around us. What more could you possibly want from me?" I stop myself before I can unintentionally snap at her. Every time I do it, I feel incredibly terrible. Allison is a soft-hearted person. I have no idea why she even decided to be friends with someone like me.

"...When you do this I always worry about you."

I let a small smile tug at my lips until I have her wrapped inside a warm embrace. "Forgive me...Ally. I just need time to think. That's all. I'm fine," I soothe.

"Really?"

"Really," I mimick which only causes her glares at me.

"Liar."

She grabs my hand and takes me away from the pack houses, further into the dense forest. I hear her short goodbyes to some of the other pack members as her pacing grows quicker and quicker.

"Where are we going?" I ask finally being able to escape her grasp. "You need to go to a party, get laid, drink, something." "W-what?" I question trying not to burst into fits of laughter. "You the prude actually-" I'm cut off as she says, " You get out of your shitty moods by getting laid all the time."