Chapter 26

Skirmish after skirmish we begin to push them off of our territory but not without suffering heavy casualties from our side. The more we fought the more advanced their weapons became. I rip apart one of the ' demons ' as they are referred to as the battle begins to dwindle down. I hear him scream out in agony but it falls on deaf ears. I rip off his other arm and watch him bleed out until I see no life in his eyes.

Since when did I become like this. . .?

Alpha we have two more live ones. What would you like done with them? He nudges them forward with his muzzle and they immediately fall onto the ground filled with dread. They already have it in their minds that I'm going to kill them, rip both their heads off. I can see it in their eyes. 

I look them over and notice blood running down their mouths and instantly realize that it's wolf blood. I let out a snarl as I approach them about to do exactly what they thought I was going to do in the first place until his scent bounces off of one of them. I sniff him again and I know I'm not mistakened. I look at him again and see so much fear in his eyes.

". . .Alpha."

" Get rid of that one. I can care less how. As for this one. I would like to keep. . .for future interrogations. "He nods and instantly rips off the other ones head without a second notice causing the other man to yell and fall over. He begins shaking uncontrollably, yet I can still find no compassion within me to care. He killed my pack mates just as how I am killing his. He only feels regret and fear because he is caught. 

If he never were. . .he would never feel this way.  I push my paw against him and let out a blood curdling snarl. But my need to know how my mate is doing is the only thing keeping him alive right now. " Jake come get this filth and tie him up against a tree. I would like a word with him.

" Ok." He side eyes me and helps him up to his feet. " Move it." He kicks him and I can't help but feel some type of way. I turn my head away from them as I transform back into my human form. It's hurt more and more these days and it's taking a toll on my body. I ignore the aches in my abdomen and bones and walk towards Matt who has a pair of jeans held up just for me. 

" We're taking prisoners now?" He asks quizically.

"No. I just want to know something from him. Depending on the information he is willing to give me will decide whether it will be a quick or painful death. But. . .if it's really good information he may just be able to live. "

He looks at me as I put on the pair of jeans and quickly walk away from him. It's been over 2 months since I've seen my mate and I'm getting worried. I need to know how he is doing and nothing in this world or the next is going to prevent me from knowing. I already had given up so much for this pack. This is the least I deserve after everything.

I walk across the field of bodies from the enemy and step on them like they're grass. Blood is all on the trees and blades of grass. You can smell nothing but iron and rotting flesh for miles away. This was a big skirmish and many weres had died but much more of them had perished. They tried using fire on us which seemed to be their greatest downfall. 

I stop at the tree where Jake stood idley by looking at the "demon" full of distrust and disgust. I know he wanted him dead. His hate for them runs deep and I know that. But this one can be spared. . .at least for now. I push back the prisoner's head and intentionally smell his neck. My nose instantly meets with that smell I love so much.

" . . .You know Seth?"

His eyes widen at this name making it known that he does in fact know. " If you do know, then tell me where is he at?" His face scrunches up in confusion losing all sense of fear and hate in his eyes. ". . .You're his mate right. . .? The guy who snuck in to see him?" My eyes narrow in on him. " I'm Anthony. I'm his friend along with Kassandra. You met her right?"