Chapter Twenty

[A/N] Sorry for all these author notes! This chapter is more or less a filler chapter to tie up the loose ends and such. I hope you enjoy it. This will be much like a bonus chapter for the super super long time it took to update the previous chapter. ^_^ You guys deserve it

Enjoy~

I don't know how long I have been lying in here since I've been back. No one has come to visit me more than likely because no one knows I've come back for the second time not even knowing about the first. 

I know I should stop sulking.

I know I should go on with life. . .move on. . .

I stuff my face into my pillow as I think this. " Lance!" I quickly pop up and greet Jake with a forced smile. " Hey, I was going to just go and visit you."

" Allison and Matt. . .they really want to see you. You've been gone for months and you decide the first person you should see would be that guy." I can easily spot the jealousy leaking from his voice but it's not like he made any attempt to hide it.

" Well that guy just so happens to be my mate. You would do the same thing if it was Richard." He coughs awkwardly and looks away from me. " So how did it go? Did you finally claim him. . .talk it out?" " Yea. . . we talked. . ." 

" Did you have sex?"

My face instantly turns red. " D-did we what?"

" Have s-e-x."

I laugh a little nervously. " He rejected my advances, I rejected his advances. We were on separate pages at the wrong times. It was my first time being denied sex too. . .I felt so offended. I still feel offended." Jake busts out laughing at this.

"You.

You.

Lance.

Hallen.

Denied Sex?"

He laughs out loud again. I do nothing but growl underneath my breathe. " So you're not worried that someone might mark him instead of you?" My eyes widen at this and then another forced smile is placed on my face. " Of course not. He knows where things stands with us. He would never do that to me."

" I suppose you're right. After his reaction to just finding out you kissed another guy. . .I'm sure he  is head over heels in love with you."

" I suppose." I say while my mind drifts back to what happened. He did warn me. . . not to fall in love with him. . .

" Lance." I look up at him and laugh while rubbing the back of my neck. " Yeah?"

" What happened? You seem a little off. . ."

" Ah, nothing. I'm just a little disappointed about that, that's all. It just had me thinking." He nudges me. " You have forever to worry about that Lance. Don't sulk over things like that. Let's go outside and meet up with the rest of them." He grabs my arm and tugs me off my bed and out the door. 

I caught the eyes of many of my younger pack mates and see some sense of joy that I am back. Whoever took over my job while I was gone must have been worse than me. I can't possibly think of someone that could achieve that feat. I give them a wave and they greet me with smiles trying to run up to me, but stop midway catching themselves as they walk back to the couches and some others back outside. 

Outside I spot Allison and Matt waiting for our arrival. At that moment I want to turn around. I don't want to see anyone. Jake. . .well he is different. But right now I really need this time to get over what happened with Seth and I. I'm afraid my feelings might show out and my emotions will just burst out from inside of me.