[4]

"Ugh..." I moan into the desk. I hate these dumb lectures. About idiotic things that no one even cares about. Oak, pine, redwood, no one cares about fucking trees! We piss on them, use them for fire, building, and sparring practice. That's all we really need to know.

No one cares about the shape of the moon either. All the phases and orbits and shit it goes through. No. One. Cares.

We aren't even twelve. Most of the people in this class are in their late teens to early twenties. The lectures don't stop until you are twenty-three simply because they want to make sure you are doing what you are most useful for in the pack. I'm only nineteen. The pain I feel is immeasurable to the pain you think I feel.

I try sinking my head deeper into the desk as if it were possible trying tone out Richard's annoying ass voice as he answered another question. "Being a proactive member of the pack is vital to our survival. We cannot have any form of disloyalty in our pack," he finishes causing the teacher smile.

"Wonderful answer."

Wonderful kiss-ass.

I always wondered why wasn't I born three years younger or older. Either one would have been fine with me. Anything beats being cooped up in the same room with the three of them.

Always raising their hands. Never late. Never disobedient. Usually there is just that one in class. However, imagine having three.  

I groan some more in my desk. I just feel like a little piece of me dies each time I step foot into this class.  

"Lance."

"Lance Hallen." The teacher calls out my name.

"Yes, Enforcer Myers," I answer annoyed.

"Are you paying attention?" I lift my head up and look numbly at her.

"Why, yes, of course Mrs. Myers. Why wouldn't I be? I find what you are teaching us all so mind numbingly profound. The trees is it? Fascinating."

She smiles completely unaware of my sarcastic comment. But, of course, two of the the three musketeers caught on and sends me glares from across the room.

They couldn't do anything even if they want to. I would permanently injure one of them. On accident of course.

"Class is over for the day. Next week is history of the Packs of Amel. Don't forget about your training. Our livelihoods depends on it." I wouldn't risk a hair for Richard, nonetheless, my life.

I smile more to myself as I think of Seth. "Ahah... he's rubbing off on me already."

"Who's rubbing off on who?" Nosey Jake and Allison inquire.

"No one."

You seem to be in good mood compared to your 'I'm going to kill you aura' like you usually have," Jake says while sitting on my desk.

    "Really? I still feel like snapping one of their necks," I say while hinting at Micah.

"Micah is sweet," Allison says adorably making the top of my lip twitch.

"Stop picking on him. You don't even really know what he really is like. He's not like what people think."

" Why don't you go and tell him that then? I'm sure he would enjoy the flattery." Jake busts out laughing knowing that it is partially true.

"Hey you may end up being his mate who knows," I chime in causing Allison to blush slightly. We both know that that's impossible.

We usually find out when we're sixteen and if we don't, well then we don't. We choose a mate of our own picking whom our wolf also must agree on. We are all passed that age and any of us has yet to find our rightful mates.