Chapter Twenty-Three

[A\N] I'm throwing in a little bonus chapter after this one for you guys. - wink wink- Think of it as a present for sticking around with me throughout my book~ And special thanks for those who reads my other ones! Much love. MUAH! <3

I open my eyes pushing away the last memory I have of them out of my mind. I have more things to worry about then the likes of them. Nothing but anger is all I feel when I think about it. . .Right now. . .my only concern. . . I close my eyes not trying to think about him but it's nearly impossible.

It feels like years has passed by since I last saw him. In reality it's only been a couple of months. I scoff at this. I'm being absolutely ridiculous. Since when did I get like this? This is truly contemptible, thinking of him after everything. Why am I so willing to dismiss all the lies he has told me? Why am I so ready to forgive him? He has no right to be forgiven. I ask myself these questions even though I already know the answer to them is so simple.

I'll be fine without him I said. I won't think about him anymore I swore. Yet here I am. . .I put my hand up towards the sun. " I really am a fickle person huh. . .?"

" You sure are." I hear Ashton's voice close to my ear. " I don't need a babysitter. I won't be running away any time soon. It's not as if I have a place to go back to."

" You are a part of this pack now Lance. You will always have a place to come back to." I roll my eyes at this. I never wanted to. " Does the old man want me again?"

He nods. I get up reluctantly not wanting to meet with that old man. It's not because of him. . .it's more for personal reasons I suppose. He annoys me, but. . . he actually cares about my well-being even after all I done. How can you not like a person like that?

" You know. . .I think you are his favorite." I laugh at what he just said. " I am definitly not his favorite, believe me." Seeing a small smile creep on his face I couldn't help the shivers that ran down my spine. This guy rarely ever smiles if anything he always has a nice scowl set out just for me. " Do you question my judgement?"

I shrug my shoulders. " You're judgement has always been a little off to me. I always get away from you don't I?" I say softly close to his ear causing him to shoo me away. " You are nothing but disrespectful. . ."

" You're nothing but my babysitter. What respect should I hold for you?" I say back to him rudely. He looks at me with a glare only for me to put my hands behind the back of my head and smirk. I don't care for this guy. All he ever did was tell on me like the little bitch that he is. He gets on my last nerve. He's like the little brother I never had and never wanted.

He pushes me ahead of him. " Through that door. I will be waiting for you outside." I walk in and see the old geezer with a bunch of women all around him. You have got to be kidding me. . .again? " You are too old for that."

" For what?"

" You are almost 100 and you are acting like you're 20! Honestly. . .you're worse than me."

" Lance, I will be happy to offer you one of them. Seems like you need to take a load off. Since you've been back you have shown no interest in anything whatsoever."

" I take interest in Ashton."

" You just like getting under his skin. You need to find better forms of entertainment. He already runs on a short fuse. "

I look into his green eyes and instantly feel a deep pang resonate through my heart. This is just sad. He taps two of the girls on their sides. " You may leave now. . .let me talk to him. I will be there shortly." They nod and continue to walk out the door right behind me.