- Part Two -

" Lance." The girl with the sweet melodic voice calls out to me which I later came to learn her name is Euphie. Strange name for a strange girl. She runs towards me wrapping her delicate arms around my neck and kissing me softly.

" I was looking all over for you. You know we have a surprise for you!" she says excitedly practically bouncing up and down. I plaster on fake smile and wrap my arms loosely around her back as she makes me lean against the brick building. " Is that so?" I say trying not to sound depressed or annoyed. She nods her head in response. " I will be there just give me a minute." 

" Ok, don't take forever like you usually do! This one can't wait!" I laugh sounding foreign and artificial to my own ear. " Ok ok. . I got it." As she unwraps her arms from around my neck she lightly kisses my cheek and disappears. Waiting a little while after she left I wipe my mouth violently and begin to slump down on the building folding my arms over my head. 

My wolf growls enraged with me for allowing her to touch me, to kiss me. But I try to shrug him off but he keeps growling louder and louder till I audibly began to growl as well. Listen. . .we have to put up with this for a little longer. . .just until they tell me everything. His growl lessens still disatisfied with me but accepting nonetheless.

I owe these people my life. If that tattoo would have kept growing. . . my wolf would have consumed me, my very soul. They put a seal on it to keep my wolf and I from losing control. I lift my head up numbly running my fingers across the seal they placed on my neck. I can slowly tell the seal is beginning to weaken. My wolf grows more irrate and agitated as time goes on. . .

And I know why.

Because of my wolf's temper these past few weeks it has gotten me into a few brawls then I may have wanted injuring a few of my new pack members and almost killing another. Despite the wrongs I had committed they still welcome me with open arms acting as if nothing had happened which I find prepostorus.

I am pulled out of my thoughts as I hear someone calling my name. " Lance!" I look up and see my friend Ashton closing in on me. He is no more of my friend than what Matt is to me now. He's much like. . a babysitter. Someone to watch me. I know that. He nudges me. " What are you doing here? The party is about to begin." I look numbly away from him.

"Ophelia is going to be there." He laughs. I let out a moan of dispair. " You don't understand. . . my wolf hates her." His eyes widen at this. " He's. . . he's been acting more and more resentful these past few weeks." 

" You should talk to the Chief about your seal." I shrug him off. " He's always been like this. . . he's like an entity of his own. .. a mind.  . . feelings. . . and emotions of his own." I state softly. " Nothing can control that." 

" Oh and that party was suppose to be a surprise."

His dark brown eyes looks away from me and sighs as he runs his hand through his curly blonde locks. " Don't tell her I told you?" He asks weakly. I smile at this and hit his arm. " Lemme think about it." As Ashton escorts me to party I try walk off into a different direction but he keeps a close eye on me and doesn't let me go anywhere learning from his past mistakes the last couple of times.

We arrive at the party causing my sullen mood to worsen. I walk in seeing people dancing, drinking acting like total idiots. I'm not in the mood for this shit. I just want sleep. . .I sigh audibly. I look around for a quiet spot but I find none. I keep walking around shrugging some girls off me as I walk through the dance floor until I reach the stairs. 

I began to sneak up to the 3rd level towards the roof where I finally found some piece of mind I hadn't had in months. Not since. . .I left. I stop myself from my mind racing back to him. It hurt just thinking about him. I don't want to think about him. If I do. . . it'll make things harder than what it  already is.