Chapter 41

Roseanne's POV

I groaned and sat up hearing my phone ring for the 5th time.
I sat up and grabbed my phone. I frowned seeing Lisa's caller ID. What could she want at 3 am. I answered

"Hello?"

"Look out your window."

I got up and walked over to my window, I pulled the curtains apart and smiled seeing Lisa standing there, smiling at me with on hand stuffed in her pocket and the other holding the phone.

"What are you dong here?"

She shrugged "Couldn't sleep. You hungry?"

I laughed "Lisa it's the middle of the night." "Oookay and? I always wake up and eat something at 2 in the morning.

I rolled my eyes playfully. "Fine yeah I could eat."

"Hmmm too bad you don't know an extremely sexy girl who happens to have pizza, snacks, a blanket, and a laptop right in her car. Oh wait you do" I tilted my head "I do? Who? Is she around?"

She rolled her eyes "Ha ha. It's me. Soooo do you feel like hanging out with me at 3 in the morning." "Of course I do.
Give me ten minutes" I said then hung up.

I went into my bathroom and brushed my teeth and washed my face. I put on an over sized sweatshirt with a pair of shorts under and Air Force is white high Nike socks.

I put my hood up and grabbed my phone and wallet before slipping out my room quietly. I've snuck out before, but it's been some years and I'm kinda rusty.

I slowly tip toed to the stairs. I stepped on a creaky floor board and quickly stepped back from it. Crap. I looked up towards my dad's room and heard silence. I continued down the hallway and smiled as I reached the steps. I quickly but quietly walked down the steps and unlocked the front door leaving the house. I closed the door behind me and turned around and smiled at Lisa leaning on a truck I immediately recognized as her Aunt's Jeep.

I walked down the steps and she walked over to me, we met in the middle. She tilted her head at me and looked over my outfit "Got cute for me." I rolled my eyes "No I put on a hoodie. I don't classify that as cute," She smiled and shrugged "I dunno, you look pretty cute to me."

I looked down trying to hide the blush rising to my cheeks.
Then I felt her soft lips on my cheek, I closed my eyes and let out a shaky breathe. My cheeks only got hotter from the action. When she pulled away I looked up at her lips. All the memories from our previous kisses came rushing into my head. I blushed remembering what her hands felt like on my body. Every inch of she touched felt like it was on fire.

I was pulled out of my thoughts feeling her soft hand in mines. "Come on before your dad finds us out here and stones me with a bible." she said pulling me to the truck. I laughed and got in the car.

"So how have you been holding up?" I asked as she drove down the empty rode.

She shrugged "I've been alright. Sklyer's coming back next week for a little while so we can hang out, and I'm gonna spend Christmas was him

I hummed "Has this been the first night where you couldn't sleep?" I asked feeling a little concerned. She shook her head
"I haven't had good sleep since the day at the hospital." I frowned "Lisa that was two weeks ago."

She shrugged"I just can't sleep. Trust me, I've tried." She mumbled.

I sighed "Have you told your grandma about it?" She shook her head no "I don't wanna stress her out. She's going through enough already. She just found out in a few months her son won't be alive anymore. I'm not trying to make things worse."