Chapter 4 - The Dragon of the East

"Anemo Blast!" Luna yelled as she lunged with an open palm towards the evil Venti.

A blast of fire shot forth from her hand towards her target, but he simply slid sideways, dodging her attack with ease while still holding on to a barely struggling Kaeya.

"Did you just yell Anemo blast?" Barbatos laughed light heartedly as he pulled his wind blade out of Kaeya and simply tossed him aside like one would discard an old toy. "And calling me by my name. You are most amusing! But alas, I do not recognize you. Are you not from around here?"

That fire blast had been weaker and slower than she had hoped. Not to mention the dumb name. But yelling Anemo Blast had worked last time and she didn't have time to test other names. Mustering her will to defend the others seemed to be failing now that they were all a bloody mess in the ground. Hence, she mustered her will to get out of there alive and tried to focus all of it into her right hand.

"Aw, not much of a talker?" Barbatos asked as he shook his head slowly. "That's a shame. I was hoping for a talk with someone as intriguing as yourself. After all, the world is full of lost ballads just waiting to be rediscovered."

"Why are you doing this?" Luna finally asked readying her attack.

"Why do any of us do what we do?" Barbatos readily countered her question with a smile before snapping his finger and making dozens of green wind arrows appear in the air. "Life is what we mak-"

"Anemo Blast!" Luna yelled, interrupting both his attack and speech.

A much bigger and faster blast of fire exploded from her hand. To her satisfaction, the smile on Barbatos's face faltered for a moment as he dodged her second attack.

"That's rud-"

"Anemo Blast!" Yuji's voice rang from beside them as an impressively large and pink bolt of lightning ripped through the air and struck Barbatos on the shoulder and face. "It worked, Luna! I did it! I really did it!"

Almost immediately, however, Luna realized that Yuji's attack hadn't actually made contact as Barbatos had created a wind shield around him at the last moment.

"What is up with you two? Do you not know the name of the elements? Anemo is wind! You are Pyro! And you are Electro!" Barbatos said, not unkindly as he pointed to Luna and Yuji respectively. "You know? This is incredible, you are obviously very powerful, albeit could be much better with a bit of training, but it's like you don't know the most basic of knowle-"

With that Barbatos stopped talking, as if he had just realized something.

"Huh. Are you travelers from beyond Teyvat?" Barbatos asked as he put a hand on his chin. "Most intriguing, indeed! We haven't had those in a long while. Oh, the trouble the last ones made!"

To a certain degree, his enthusiasm was comparable to that of Yuji. But where Yuji was warm and kind, this Barbatos seemed cold and evil.

"Of course, I can't let you go about stirring trouble like them." Barbatos added almost as an afterthought before he snapped his finger again making a large green circle form below their feet. "Now this is Anemo, my ladies."

Luna felt her hair blowing upward before looking up and realizing that another one of those tornadoes were forming. She thought of attacking Barbatos once again in an attempt to disrupt his attack, but she was lifted off the ground before she could do anything.

"Luna!" Yuji jumped and grabbed Luna's outstretched arm. "I got you!"

To Luna's surprise, Yuji landed back down, both her feet on the ground despite the sheer force of the tornado.