Chapter 8 - Plans for the Future

Kaeya had thought it best to keep the truth a secret from everyone else. To really sell the idea that the city of Mondstadt was at a huge loss, it had to be somber, and news of the deaths had really done the trick.

Diluc sent a Fatui Pyro Agent along with two Pyroslinger skirmishers to Dragonspine, to send news of the death of the Acting Grand Master to Albedo, the Captain of the Investigation Team and Chief Alchemist of the Knights of Favonius. By logic, Albedo would be the next Acting Grand Master in the absence of Varka, Jean, and now Kaeya.

Luna had asked about Eula who, by Luna's knowledge, was the Captain of the Reconnaissance Company of the Knights of Favonius, and possibly the strongest playable Knight of Favonius. But the others didn't seem to have a straight answer regarding her whereabouts.

"She was sent on a classified assignment, by orders of our Grand Master Varka." Was all Kaeya seemed to know about it. "And that was even before Jean went missing."

Luna was beginning to understand why it was such a struggle for Mondstadt to simply survive. Most of their hard hitters were unaccounted for.

The public funeral was done in Mondstadt after just one week of them having arrived in the Underground. It wasn't grand or lavishing, just big enough to be noticeable. Albedo and the Fatui arrived just before the funeral had started. But much to everyone's surprise, Eula had arrived with them.

"As glad as I am that our numbers haven't actually diminished more than they already have," Eula said when debriefed by what really happened out in the forest. "I must ask, why all the charade?"

"Barbatos was much stronger than we had anticipated." Kaeya explained, to which Eula glanced towards Diluc, who nodded in confirmation.

"Our group was taken out, that part at least is true."Kaeya admitted. "We wouldn't have survived if Luna and Yuji hadn't showed up when they did."

Both Albedo and Eula turned to look at them. Both looked analytical, but for very different reasons, Luna assumed. Yuji waved at them with a smile.

"With Amber, Klee, and I assumed dead, Barbatos may think we won't be going after the rest of the Four Winds. Perhaps, even think that killing Dvalin was just a result of a desperate fight for survival." Kaeya continued despite Albedo's and Eula's eyes still being on Luna and Yuji. "And that gives us, the supposed dead Knight, an opportunity to look for the rest of the Four Winds, without Barbatos looking for us."

"Do you have any idea where the other three may be at?" Eula asked, looking back at Kaeya as if what she saw did not impress her.

"Well, the plan was originally to take out both Dvalin and Lupus Boreas together." Kaeya admitted.

"But the wolf was already dead and in spirit form." Diluc chimed in. "It laughed at me when I defeated it, just to reappear again."

"So he's dead, one less to wo-" Eula was waving her hand as if physically moving the subject away.

"Its spirit is still around though." Diluc stated as a matter of fact. "Which probably means it has taken a champion to whom it has passed the title."

"That's gotta be Razor then." Luna observed out loud.

But when everyone's attention turned to her, she wondered if Razor was also missing.

"Who?" Eula asked.

"You know, the boy raised by wolves? Just outside of Mondstadt?" Luna asked, telling herself she should probably keep her thoughts to herself next time. "Amber probably knows him."

Everyone's heads turned towards the Outrider of Knights of Favonius.

The girl seemed to be flustered from the sudden attention and started shaking her head.