Chapter 43 - Snezhnaya

Luna yawned as she stretched her arms.

"Shall we?" Xiao asked, looking like he had been up for a while.

"Still not used to being in here huh?" Luna observed as she looked around her own Throne Room. They had made it a lot more homely and comfortable.

Wish Yuji could have seen this.

"I'll wake the others." Xiao said as he walked towards the personal rooms that they had built during the few months they had been on the road.

There wasn't any bad blood between her little band of warriors. But Xiao seemed to be having a hard time fitting in. Not that he was ever very social in Genshin, but Luna hoped they all could feel closer eventually.

Both Diluc and Eula came out of their rooms. Diluc gave Luna's arm a gentle squeeze, Eula came looking pissed to be awake.

"Didn't sleep to well?" Luna asked Eula, who just grunted back.

"Aight, well, you ready?" She asked at no one in particular as she looked at all three.

Seeing no visible objections, she closed her eyes and imagined the physical world, back to the outskirts of Snezhnaya.

The cold wind hitting her face was almost familiar now. It wasn't as crazy as it was in Dragonspine, but it wasn't too pleasant either.

"Think we'll find anything here?" Eula asked.

Luna didn't know. But being on the road for these past few months and finding no signs of Archons or whoever had offed them in neither Sumeru nor Fontaine had gotten them disheartened. What was even weirder was that the people of those regions didn't even seem to realize that their tyrant Archons were gone.

"Do you already know what you are going to tell Tartaglia's family?" Luna asked Diluc, who seemed to be taken a back by her question.

"Why me?" He asked as his hand reached out to her waist, before she moved away from his reach.

"Because you were both Fatui Harbingers. You were brothers in arms." Luna couldn't believe he was thinking she would be the one to break the news to Tartaglia's family. "You were the one who knew him the most and the longest!"

Diluc scratched his head briefly.

"I'm not good with that sort of thing." Diluc admitted.

"He may not need to say anything." Xiao said, eerily cryptic.

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?" Eula asked as she slid forward on a throne of ice she had formed.

"I sense no life forms for miles." Xiao said, so casually, that Luna wondered if he was joking. "Aside from us, of course."

"Are you serious? Why are you telling us this just now? Was it full of life last night?" Eula asked.

"What? No. I just, I didn't think it was important. It's all ice around here." Xiao responded, looking confused as to why Eula seemed angry at him.

After giving Xiao one last glare, Eula made her icy throne slide much quicker towards the town.

"Wait, Eula!" Luna called out, slightly frustrated.

"Hey, can we talk?" Diluc asked her suddenly.

"You seriously want to do this, right now?" Luna asked before turning away and running after Eula.

Why wasn't anyone acting like they were part of a team? She had kissed him once in a vulnerable moment. Surely he could understand that.