Chapter 29 - Gods or Otherwise

Yuji stared as a thousand questions flooded her mind.

Did he say Shining Phoenix of Luna? What did that mean? What had happened in Dragonspine? Did that power come from Luna?

Despite these questions, when the four armed man lunged towards Diluc, Yuji had lunged as well in response. But before she could strike at her target, as if sensing her, the four armed man turned midair and blasted her with a bolt of lightning.

Instinctively, Yuji shot a bolt of her own and watched as her pink bolt of electricity ripped through and absorbed the purple bolt shot by her opponent. The four armed man managed to twist his body just fast enough to dodge her pink lightning and land on the ground.

He looked like he had wanted to say something, but Diluc was upon him in an instant. He swung his blade just to have the four armed man catch it with all four of his purple glowing hands.

Losing no time, Yuji charged up her hands once again to shoot at the four armed man when a barrier of stone formed in front of them. When Yuji turned around she saw the man in brown lunging at her with several yellow glowing rocks flying towards her.

She quickly made her heartstone appear and channeled her Electro energy through it, making it spread in the shape of sphere as a sort of shield around her like she had seen Luna do.

And sure enough, it deflected the rocks and held strong as the man in brown hitting against it. Curiously enough, the man in brown stopped after a few hits to inspect his hands. Yuji didn't know what that was all about, but took advantage of the situation by blasting him in the face with a pink lightning, sending him flying through the underground.

Yuji?

Yuna's sudden voice in her head made Yuji flinch despite almost immediately realizing it was Yuna.

"Yeah?" She asked out loud.

Where are you? Do you have eyes on Luna? I can't get through to her.

"She was hurt pretty bad, but Albedo took her to Barbara." Yuji answered before her eyes met those of the four armed man. "What are you looking at?"

"They are somehow communicating with one another!" The four armed man yelled just as Indarias caused a huge explosion towards Diluc.

Everything okay on your side? I-

Yuji looked around for Diluc while waiting for Yuna to continue. She saw Diluc coming out of the smoke and debris at an amazing speed as he kneed Indarias in the face, but when he tried to slash her with his greatsword, the four armed man tackled him.

"Yuna?" Yuji asked, wondering if her friend was going to finish her sentence as she charged her heartstone with Electro once more.

There was no answer.

Before she could ask again, the grounds shook as Yuji felt danger.

"Yuji, move!" Diluc yelled, just as the ground split up into a glowing yellow light through which a bright yellow stone monster came out.

"Let's see you use your weird magic now!" The monster said in the man in brown's voice. It would seem the man had covered himself completely in stones and charged them to the brim in Geo energy.

Yuji aimed her heartstone at him and shot a bolt of electricity at him. And though the initial impact pushed him back a bit and chipped off a chunk of rock off of him, the electricity itself didn't seem to affect him much.

"My Geo armor is resistant against Electro attacks!" He laughed as he smashed his fists together and ran towards Yuji.

"Switch opponents!" Diluc yelled as he appeared by the man in brown and slashed at him.