Chapter 11 - Friends and Foes

Luna's phoenix let out an earth shattering roar which doused its flames, revealing a golden armored birdlike dragon. One of the three main deities of the Yu-Gi-Oh! world, the Winged Dragon of Ra, stood in front of her.

It felt like seeing an old friend.

With a back hand swipe of its mighty claw, Diluc's fire eagle was no more.

"Stand down, Diluc." Luna said. "This is a fight you cannot win."

"I suspected." Diluc's flaming blade became longer as it burned more intensely. "No, I feared. But now there is no doubt, you are an Archon."

"Would an Archon have asked you to stand down?" Luna asked before realizing that she was starting to feel worn out.

"More tricks and lies from our deceitful gods." Diluc gritted his teeth and Luna could see he had lost his usual cool composure. It was obvious that he hated the Archons.

"Don't." Luna warned him, not wanting to unleash the power of an Egyptian god on him.

"We will never bow." Diluc spat just before he caused an explosion with his feet, launching himself towards Ra. "We will never kneel!"

"Bl- Blaze Cannon!" Luna briefly hesitated before adding to it. "Use only a fifth of your power!"

As the Winged Dragon of Ra shot a quick blast of energy Luna felt immensely drained of her own energy. But despite the sudden exhaustion, Luna still looked towards Diluc and hoped he wouldn't be decimated.

The blast, however weaker Luna had intended, seemed to have no resistance at all in its way as it simply continued on its trajectory at the blink of an eye and exploded onto one of the cavern walls, far from the buildings. And despite how far it had exploded from them, it still seemed to shake the entire Underground.

Luna looked towards where Diluc had been, then to where Ra's attack had exploded. She squinted her eyes as it was difficult to see through the dim torch lights, but still, she found no traces of Diluc.

Before she had time to do much else, Luna felt dizzy and felt her legs losing strength.

Her Ra made a low growling noise as it glowed dimly and phased away from existence.

"Luna!" She heard Yuji call out. "She's not an Archon, let me go! She helped you take down Dvalin!"

Luna felt too weak, she didn't think she would be able to take on any one else if they decided to turn on her and Yuji. She hoped the others realized she wasn't wanting a fight. She hoped they wouldn't hurt Yuji.

"Damn you, Diluc." Luna said softly.

She was about to turn to face the others when her right arm lifted slightly upwards on its own and more of her energy started to drain. When she looked upwards she saw the seal of Millennium Eye forming a sort of golden force field, and almost instantly something dark purple exploded onto it from the other side.

Luna couldn't keep the shield up even had she wanted to, she felt too drained, too exhausted. And as her shield faltered and dematerialized just as Ra had, Luna found Diluc standing there, dark purple flames dancing around his sword.

"Diluc?" Luna called out, unsure. "What- What happened to you?"

Without responding, Diluc simply showed the back of his left hand and forearm, revealing a black gauntlet which housed a dark purple gem with the symbol of Pyro.

"Is that a delusion?" Luna asked as it felt like her heart had dropped.

"Not just any delusion." Purple flames came out of Diluc's eyes. "This is the delusion my father used to save me from you, gods. This is the Abyssal Flame."