Chapter 5 - Rising Questions

Tartaglia, the Eleventh of the Eleven Fatui Harbingers, stood smiling in front of them after easily having decapitated Mondstadt's Dragon of the East.

Tartaglia? Why here, why now?

Luna wasn't sure she could take on a harbinger at the moment, not when she still didn't have a full grasp of her powers yet. This was definitely an encounter she wasn't stoked for right then.

"He smells dangerous too, Luna." Yuji said, gripping tightly onto Luna.

"Just uh- just out of curiosity." Tartaglia said as he made his blue blades unsolidify and splash onto the ground. "What's the dynamic between you two? Is the pink one the nose and legs and the tall red haired one the arms and eyes?"

It was only then that Luna realized that Yuji was still carrying her. She awkwardly tried to wiggle out of Yuji's grip, but she was much stronger than she looked.

"Hey, yup, let me go, no no, yeah, 'kay, thanks." Luna said awkwardly as Yuji too seemed surprised that she was still carrying Luna. "You are a lot stronger than you look, Yuji."

Yuji smiled and flexed her slim arms with a wink.

"Cute." Tartaglia smiled. "By the way, is any of you a healer? Ms. Barbara and Ms. Diona should already be healing the other Knights, but they could use some help if we are to get out of here before Barbatos gets back."

"I can help!" Yuji raised her hand without hesitation.

"Great, love the energy!" Tartaglia said, slightly turning towards where they had faced Barbatos. "Shall we?"

Luna turned to look at Yuji, not sure how to tell her that they shouldn't trust Tartaglia, but the girl in pink started to walk towards the Fatui Harbinger already.

Yuji can smell threats though, right?

She wondered if it was fine now. But even in the game, Tartaglia was always friendly towards the Traveler. She just couldn't forget that he was willing to let thousands die in Liyue in order to get the gnosis.

The gnosis!

Was that why Tartaglia was here? He was supposed to be in Liyue, not in Mondstadt. Aside from Barbatos being evil, this was probably one of the bigger differences she could see.

"You know, for a second I thought the illustrious Master Diluc had somehow gotten here to take out Dvalin." Tartaglia said to Luna while moving aside to let Yuji pass by him. "But imagine my surprise when I see another child of Murata. With a flaming falcon even bigger than Diluc's!"

Daughter of Murata?

The only Murata that Luna knew about was the Pyro Archon, but no details had been released about this character in the game yet.

Suddenly, Luna felt chills run up her spine, making her instinctively make her spear come out.

"Ho!" Tartaglia laughed as the sudden ominous feeling Luna had felt disappeared. "Your instinct is perhaps even sharper than his too! Not many can sense my killing intent in this form."

Killing intent? I fucking knew it!

Luna adjusted her grip on her spear and considered yelling at Yuji to watch out.

"Hey, whoa, I was just probing your instincts!" Tartaglia said as he showed both of his open palms as he turned his head. "You girls really are a two for one kind of deal huh?"

...What?

That's when Luna realized that Yuji was behind Tartaglia with both of her hands aimed at him.