Chapter 21 - Of Promises and Memories

The giant falcon of wind and fire spread its wings as the entire mountain seemed to be crumbling around them.

"You have doomed Mondstadt, you idiot!" Eula yelled at Luna as she made a pillar of ice appear in front of her before jumping on top of it. "I'll take care of it, you just stay out of my way!"

Luna was almost at her limit with Eula, but it did make her hope she hadn't made a mistake.

Please please please, no fire and doom. No fire and doom.

And as she looked up, Luna saw the Falcon hovering over the top of the mountain, its eyes focused on something too far for Luna to see.

"Luna." She heard a weak voice coming from behind her and saw Barbara crouched by the short ice barrier that Eula had made before.

"Diluc, go after Eula! Don't let her attack preemptively!" Luna yelled.

Vennessa could be just as powerful of an ally as she could be a foe, she hoped the others could see that.

To Diluc's credit, he simply nodded without question and leaped his way through the falling debris.

When Luna turned her attention back to Barbara, hoping the little priestess wasn't hurt, she found the girl standing but trembling.

"Are you hurt?" Luna asked, approaching the girl while still keeping an eye open to make sure no chunks of ice and stones were going to fall on them.

"N-no, I'm okay!" Barbara stammered, making Luna realize she was just terrified. "What about you? Is your arm still hurting?"

What?

Luna looked down at her arms and realized that not only the arm that Barbara had healed, but both were trembling.

"No, I guess I'm just scared." Luna said, unintentionally scoffing a little as she wondered if she was running purely on adrenaline. "Let's get out of here."

Barbara looked at her in what Luna assumed was pure amazement, but she couldn't focus on that right now.

"Come on, get on!" She said as she crouched by the priestess. "I don't think I can carry you in my arms, so get on my back, quick."

Barbara did was she was told. But Luna hesitated as she hoped she would be able to do some kind of air hop that she had so often seen in anime. With that in mind, Luna concentrated her energy into her heels.

"Luna!" Barbara yelled, making Luna look up and see a huge chunk of ice falling towards them.

Quickly dashing forward, Luna jumped up into the air and burst the energy through one of her heels before kicking off with that leg when feeling the resistance in the air before bursting the energy through her other heel to kick off with that leg as well.

It felt awkward, it probably looked really awkward too. She felt like she was speed walking upwards. But it did consume only a little bit of her energy, and she wanted to conserve as much as she could on the off chance that she would need to fight Vennessa.

Despite fumbling around in the air a little, Luna made her way out of the mountain with Barbara on her back. And immediately they were met by the strong freezing winds of Dragonspine. Luna lost her balance for a split second as she quickly scanned around but she could no longer see the giant wall of ice they had seen at a distance before. And still she hadn't heard back from Yuna or Yuji.

"Over there!" Barbara yelled through the loud winds, as she pointed upwards.

As Luna looked up, she saw the Falcon still hovering in place through the mighty beating of its wings. But flashes of light grabbed Luna's attention. It took her a second to realize what that was.