Chapter 9 - Losing Control

The next morning, Luna had barely walked out of their little abode when she came face to face with the tall, magenta-purple haired nun of the Church of Favonius.

"Rosaria." Luna recognized her out loud, to which Rosaria raised an eyebrow.

Shit, I have to stop doing that.

"Luna, I presume." She said curtly as her gaze went up and down, seemingly sizing Luna up. "I thought Tartaglia was joking when he said you were Diluc's sister."

"I'm not his sister." Luna said, wondering if she would have to say that every time she met another character.

"Could have fooled me." Rosaria shrugged.

"Whoa, hello there, mamasita!" Yuji suddenly exclaimed as she stepped out of the door, behind Luna, with a half munched Valberry on her hand.

That's totally my fault.

"This is Yuji, my friend." Luna said, hoping Rosaria would ignore the mamasita.

"Best friend." Yuji clarified as she walked up real close to Rosaria, despite having to look up at her. "So don't get any ideas."

With that, Yuji went on her way to have her usual morning training with the Librarian of the Knights of Favonius and Electro user extraordinaire, Lisa.

"Sorry about her." Luna said as they both watched Yuji start skipping a step as she walked happily away.

"Don't be." Rosaria said with a smile. "She's charming that way."

"Right." Luna said, starting to feel a little awkward, as if she were a parent watching her kid go to school. If kids went to school in the dark, lit only by torches. "So how do you want to do this? When do we start?"

"We already have." Rosaria smiled.

In a moment of confusion, Luna smiled back.

But before she could ask, she suddenly had terrible feeling.

Move!

Almost as if something compelled her, Luna threw herself to the side before even realizing she was in danger and rolled away just as she heard a loud crashing noise followed by an intense cold several little crackling noises.

As she looked up, she saw what she had expected. Despite her surroundings being lit only by torchlights, she could clearly see that a gigantic ice spear had crashed down and sunk into the ground where she had stood just moments ago. Everything in a five meter radius, including the entrance to her little house was covered in frost.

Using her Burst ability right off the bat?

The cold cloudy breath that came out of her own mouth distracted her for a split second.

"Color me impressed." Rosaria's voice came from beside her. "Was it the cold that gave it away?"

Luna immediately grabbed at the air as she turned, swinging her spear even as it was still materializing into her hand. An arc of flame shot forth towards where Luna had imagined Rosaria would be, taking into account where her voice had come from, but the nun was not there.

"But you insist on keeping your back exposed to the enemy." Rosaria's voice came from behind Luna this time, making her immediately lunge forward and roll away, turning just in time to see the nun smirk and make her own spear appear.

"How- how are you so qui- ?" Luna was about to ask, but quickly realized that she had been trembling and shivering.

She slowed me down with the cold!