Chapter 44 - The Clash of Archons

All of the snow around them suddenly melted and exploded into thousands of water needles that suddenly froze as they shot forth everywhere.

Luna quickly made a shield out of her Pyro, but not fast enough. She felt 2 separate cuts on her legs and another on her left cheek. Loud sizzling noises could be heard as her Pyro Shield melted the ice shards and in turn got weakened by the resulting water.

She saw bright flashes of light and hoped the others were able to protect themselves as well.

"Is everyo-" she started to say when she saw a hand shattering through her Pyro shield, reaching for her neck.

Quickly jumping off the ground, Luna burst her Pyro energy through her feet as she kicked at the Tsaritsa, launching herself backwards in the process.

While still in the air, Luna quickly looked around. Everyone was still standing.

The Cryo Archon made a swiping motion with her left hand, making giant spikes of ice tear through the ground in that same direction, just to smash against a Geo wall that Murata made. Immediately the Geo wall caught on fire as it was hurled towards the Tsaritsa, who quenched it with a pillar of water that came out of the ground.

Luna wanted to jump into the fight to help Murata, but it looked like each Archon had several moves already in mind as they dealt them at incredible speed in response to what the other might do next.

They are evenly matched.

That's when she saw several green Anemo spears come up from the ground below the Tsaritsa, who instead of dodging, simply created a large explosion of water below her. She froze it almost immediately after the explosion, breaking all of the Anemo spears, while still serving as a makeshift barrier against Murata's fireballs.

"Eula, can you slow her Cryo?" Luna asked by mentally reaching into Eula's mind.

That's what I've been trying until now! Everything she has been doing so far is her slowed down!

Luna suddenly got worried, that meant the two Archons were not evenly matched, after all.

Diluc still seemed terrified, but he lit his greatsword on fire.

The Tsaritsa suddenly shot three quick spikes towards Eula, who encased herself in a sphere of Cryo for protection. Suddenly the Tsaritsa reached with her hand and pulled the sphere of cryo with Eula inside.

Murata made a large curved barrier out of Geo to catch Eula, but the Tsaritsa used that opportunity to trap Murata in a giant sphere of Hydro, which she froze immediately.

Luna burst Pyro into her spear and threw it towards Murata in hopes of melting the Cryo sphere. But even before her spear became a phoenix, Luna realized the Tsaritsa darting towards Diluc.

"I always get what I'm owed." The Cryo Archon yelled as she reached towards Diluc, who still seemed frozen with fear.

Luna flared Pyro wings onto her back, but there was no way she could make it fast enough.

No, I have to make it!

She didn't want to lose Diluc, not like this.

Suddenly she felt a golden light enveloping her as it looked like the Cryo Archon and Dilluc were both pulled towards her at an unprecedented speed.

It was only when she reached them that she realized she was the one going faster towards them instead of the other way around.

With a quick midair spin, Luna kicked the Cryo Archon's hand away as she pushed Diluc out of the way.