Prologue

Third Person Pov

On a certain day in February

In a meeting room, within a certain facility somewhere in Tokyo, a man believed to be in his 40s was reading out information displayed on a screen.

A teenager was quietly listening in. A 15-year-old teenager, soon to be entering high school.

Tsukishiro: With this, we've now gone over the data for 155 second-year students. Have you committed everything to memory?

The man named Tsukishiro looked at the teenager in front of him. For more than an hour already, Tsukishiro has been showing this teenager all of the data they had collected on the students of a certain high school over the last year. Not only did it have standard information such as their full names, date of birth, and former schools, but it even had information on their parents and siblings, grades and accomplishments since early childhood, and even who they typically interacted with.

???: ...

Without any answer from this teenager Tsukishiro just continued...

Tsukishiro: Then...

Tsukishiro then switched what the monitor was showing to make two pictures appear. It was pictures of teenagers a bit older than the teenager sitting in front of Tsukishiro. The first picture shows a teenager with brown hair and brown eyes...while the second picture shows a teenager with semi-long red hair and red eyes.

Other data about these two teenagers were also shown next to their pictures.

Tsukishiro: The first one is Ayanakoji Kiyotaka. I believe you're already aware of this, but it's crucial that Ayanokōji-kun is expelled and returned to the White Room before the end of April. After all, we can't afford to prolong the plan any longer. Please be clever about how you do it though. Make sure the public learns nothing. If the government hears of this, that person... Sensei's name might be stained, I'm afraid.

???: So you're saying that I shouldn't attract unnecessary attention, right?

Tsukishiro: That's right. That's precisely why only someone like you, who can pose as a student, is able to do this. I'll do whatever I can to support you, but Sakayanagi's faction is definitely going to be more vigilant from now on. That limits any large moves I can make.

The teenager showed signs of understanding, but a certain look of dissatisfaction could be seen on their face. Tsukishiro ingored it and instead started looking at the monitor screen behind him.

Tsukishiro: Next...this other student is Fukazawa Yato. During your mission about expelling Ayanakoji Kiyotaka, you will have to keep an eye on this student as well...

Tsukishiro then turned around to look at the teenager again who showed some sign of interrogation about what Tsukishiro had just told him.

???: This Fukazawa Yato... should I understand that my mission is to expel him as well?

Bringing back Ayanakoji Kiyotaka, the WhiteRoom masterpiece, was something this teenager could understand...but what was the meaning of targeting this unknown teenager.

Tsukishiro: Your goal is not to expel Fukazawa Yato, at least not for the moment, not before you manage to expel Ayanakoji Kiyotaka...

???: ...

Tsukishiro: We want you to keep an eye on him because he has priority over you in the mission of expelling Ayanakoji Kiyotaka.

???: ?!?!

Imcomprehesneison...it could be seen on the teenager's face. But Tsukishiro just continued his explanation.

Tsukishiro: If you notice some actions or signs showing that Fukazawa Yato wants to expel or attack Ayanakoji Kiyotaka... you need to stop everything you was doing and if needed... help Fukazawa Yato in his strategy. My superior has as much interest in this student named Fukazawa Yato as in your mission about expelling Ayanakoji Kiyotaka. This student's value is much worth more than a normal WhiteRoom student like you. That's why you will have to keep an eye on him.