Volume 2: First-Year Preparation

Chapter 6

Touma Pov: 

It's been nearly 3 months since I joined this school. I and the other's 1st years have gotten to understand the Advanced Nurturing High School and its rules a little better. 

Even if Azuma-sensei told us about the school's functioning and other rules...there were still many things the school kept from telling us. One thing that caught my interest was the "Protection Points" a feature relatively new from what I get of Nagumo-senpai words.

I also joined the Student Council alongside Takuya, who was interested in joining it. Working with Takuya wasn't a problem at all as we were complementary to each other. Leading, advising, and choosing the right path for our class was easier while working together. That's why when he told me he also wanted to join the Student Council shortly after I did... I recommended Takuya for the Council to Nagumo-senpai who didn't bother thinking about it as he immediately agreed.

I'm still not sure if he agreed because he saw and acknowledged Takuya's strength and abilities...or if it was a request from me...Yato's younger brother.

Despite not being the current President, Nagumo-senpai. I can't help but admit he's undeniably in another category than regular students. His abilities weren't to prove. After seeing him during Council activities and our talks, I managed to understand why my brother warned me about him.

That's why joining the Council ended up being a good thing as I managed to know and understand more about the person who is Nagumo-senpai...but not only him. The Council was more understaffed than I was expecting, but I had the chance to meet some senpai from the third year. There were only Ichinose-senpai and Horikita-senpai from the second years who I had the chance to talk to more...

But something happened yesterday...

As I was heading towards the Student Council room for the last meeting before the summer break organized by Nagumo-senpai, I ended up encountering Yato who seemed to be passing by.

We exchanged a few words, but suddenly, Horikita-senpai also arrived when we were talking. 

I already knew that Horikita-senpai seems to have my brother in high esteem, but it seems that she wants to get along and know Yato more as she admitted herself yesterday. She even proposed to start calling themselves by their first names...which seems quite surprising coming from my idea of Horikita-senpai.

But since she seemed genuinely sincere about knowing and understanding my brother...something that even I today not sure to be able of...I decided to give her one "advice"...

Which is asking him if Fukazawa Yato is dead...

Of course, she couldn't understand what type of question it was and its meaning...

But Yato will...he will understand the meaning of these words.

I knew the answer if it was me asking this question...but if it was her asking this?

Touma: Sighs...

Seriously...look at me and what I'm doing...Telling Horikita-senpai to ask this question to Yato...

Takuya: Somethign wrong Touma?

As I was lost in my thoughts remembering what happened yesterday, Takuya who was standing next to me asked this with a worried expression.

Touma: No don't worry about it, Takuya... I was just reflecting on a certain matter.

Takuya: I see. I just hope you are ready for what awaits us with this meeting.