Volume 3: Uninhabited Island Exam begins

Chapter 2

Yato Pov:

After my talk with Nagumo and having wandered around the ship, I went back to my room to sleep.

After all, despite being on vacation, I still needed to get up early. It was now 8h30 in the morning, and I was currently outside on one of the ship decks while the cruise ship slowly pulled up to the dock.

Yato: So that's it huh... the uninhabited island special exam is about to start...

Since we weren't instructed to form an orderly line or anything, people from my class and other classes gathered in groups to chat among themself, waiting for further instruction.

Personally, I parted away as I was leaning my arms on the railing while looking at the island and the dock.

I was wearing the sports uniform like everyone else but decided also to wear the sport jacket, which I rolled up the sleeves. I had a cap and the backpack I bought yesterday.

Yato: ...

But as I was looking at the island and that people from my class were chatting with each other...

???: Why did you call me here?

As I heard these words said in an irritating voice tone, I just started to smirk and started looking to my left.

Yato: What's up with that, Kushida? I can't ask for some of your time?

This morning before the gathering time I sent a message to Kushida asking her to meet me before the exam start officially. Since she saw it was the best opportunity as everyone was talking and there was a certain tension because of the exam...she approached me at this precise moment seeing I was alone and knowing people wouldn't pay attention to us. This is also the reason she doesn't hide her true self right now...

Kushida: It's not you can't, but I would prefer that you're not. Talking with you still grosses me out...

I just sneered as she walked next to me and leaned her back against the railing...

Yato: Awn glad to hear you miss me...but I'll go straight to the point since time is running out...

I just started looking at her without moving my body but only my head...

Yato: Is everything fine for you?

Kushida: Huh?

She seemed surprised and quite confused by my question. 

Yato: I mean...you didn't get into any trouble right? Or I should say...you don't have any shabby plan in mind, right?

As soon as I said this her confusion disappeared, and her gaze became more serious.

Kushida: Oh? And why do you think I will try anything in the upcoming special exam?

Yato: Hmmm I don't know...

I answered her quite nonchalantly until I just started to smirk...

Yato: It might be related to the fact you spent time with Yagami during the last months...more than one time!

I tried to get a reaction from her by saying this with my attitude which usually annoys her, but this time she remained calm and continued looking at me in the eyes...in fact, she even started to smile.

Kushida: Hehe...don't tell me you're scared that I plan something against you with Yagami's help? That I choose him over you?

I just sneered at her answer...back then at the start of the year when Yagami introduced himself to Kushida, I offered her to get rid of this guy since he was weird. But she refused not wanting my help at any cost...