Volume 2: Summer's almost here

Chapter 3

Around the time Touma went to the Student Council office

Yato Pov:

School ended for the day and since I didn't have anything else to do today, I just got up from my seat as soon as Chabs-sensei left the classroom to do the same as her.

Yato: Another day over...only one year and ten months reaming...

As I started thinking about this, I saw some students from other classes leaving their classrooms to go to their club activities or simply go enjoying their time with some friends at the Keyaki Mall.

Yato: Yeah... counting the remaining days left here might not be the best way...

As I was standing in the hallway looking at the students leaving their classrooms...

I saw students from the 2-C led by Ichinose leaving with their usual attitude and smiles...as if their demotion wasn't a problem at all. They were talking as friendly and enthusiastic as they were before when they were the 2-B... shouldn't they be more concerned? Or is it due to the fact no special exam has been announced for a moment already?

Yato: ...

No...

It was simply to Ichinose class mindset...

As long they didn't lose a friend, they don't seem concerned about their ranking or situation...as if they were living in their fantasy world and that as long they hold hands altogether, they will in the end...

Yato: That's pathetic...

I said those words while continuing to look at them leaving their class disappointed in what I was seeing...

Until I saw one person leaving the class with a different attitude...

Kanzaki Ryuji...

He's not a smiling person usually, but this time his serious attitude felt different...and he also seemed thoughtful...

I hesitated to call him out since it's been a while but in the end, I didn't...I'll wait until he comes at me by himself with something in mind...

Because in this fantasy world which is the 2-C, there are four types of people...

Their leader Ichinose Honami who shared her ideology...

The mass who accepted this ideology and applied it to themself as they decided to follow their leader blindly while losing their individuality...

Kanzaki Ryuji who started to realize the problem with having one ideology for such a large group of people... but still want to fight...

And finally...

Yato: ...

My gaze fell on a girl who was walking with a group of girls...but she still seemed distant from them...

Yato: And finally, the ones who realized but abandoned the fight...

But as I was looking in her direction... I don't know why but she turned around in my direction. but as she noticed me she seemed a bit disgusted by the fact I was looking at her...

Yato: ...

Well... I guess a guy standing there in the middle of the hallway looking at you from behind might be weird...

But she suddenly started being annoyed as I didn't look away...

She immediately parted from the group of girls to walk over to me...but still... I didn't take my gaze off her.