Volume 4.5: Breakfast

Chapter 5

6th August \ Third day of the vacation

Yato Pov:

I was sleeping peacefully in my bed when suddenly...

???: Fufufuahaha! How magnificent I am!

Yato: ...

I slowly opened one of my eyes and saw the silhouette of Koenji standing in front of our room's mirror while brushing his hair with his usual comb.

Yato: Argh...Seriously, man, you need to look for some help...

Still half-asleep, I said that with an annoyed and sleepy tone of voice as I just started to rub my sleepy eyes.

Koenji: My My My a thousand pardons! I cannot restrain my love of life and myself on this beautiful day!

SLISH

A huge sound echoed in the room as he quickly opened the curtains of the window, giving a view of the ocean.

The light of the sun quickly illuminated the whole room, and my eyes shut on reflex due to being in the dark a moment ago.

Koenji: Ahhh once again the world is grateful for having me!

As he said that while standing shirtless in front of the large window with a good view of the ocean, I just sighed, truly disgusted by this view.

Yato: Arhhhhh...I miss Ike and Houndo...

I just turned around and put my face against my pillow to erase this scenery from my mind.

Yato: Seriously...what were the odds about ending up alone with him?

Koenji: Fufu, I must say that this is remarkable and disturbing. How can someone like you have such a physique while being such a lazy human being?

Yato: Sighs...

Even if I couldn't see him, he made it clear that ignoring his almighty existence would be complicated no matter how hard I tried.

That's why I moved my head off my pillow and reached for my phone, which was on the nightstand next to my bed. I just tapped the screen two times to see what time it was.

Yato: Serious? 8h30 a.m? Bro leave me alone for god sake...

TAP

I just let my head fall on the pillow as it was way too early for all that troublesome shit.

Koenji: My, My, would it be a weakness of yours that I am currently witnessing? Would the troublesome and terrible human being you aren't able to appreciate a lovely morning at this one and all the benefits it comes with? What a terrible waste of such potential like yours...

Was he complimenting me or provoking me?

I wasn't sure and didn't care at all right now...

All I knew right now was that he was almost making me think that I would prefer being with Amasawa than him right now...which was terrifying.

Yato: Yeah Yeah Yeah what a waste of my talent...

Despite having my face against my pillow, I just started to talk...

Yato: Ohhhh, great Koenji-sama. Ignore the poor peasant I am and go train that magnificent body of yours. Leave that room that restrains your almighty potential and go for a lovely morning jogging—and never come back!

Koenji: Fufufu, it seems that despite being weak at this time of day, you can still manage to make your brain come up with great ideas! My lifestyle is what will ultimately distinguish the two of us, Zenin!