Volume 1: The Sound of Expulsion

Warning I released chapter 8 yesterday if you didn't read it yet

.

.

.

Chapter 9

Yato Pov:

Sunday evening. The time was nearing 8:30 PM; The designated day had finally arrived.

The upcoming discussion would most likely determine whether or not we could join hands with Class 1-D.

The goal that Horikita has worked so hard to achieve since the announcement of this special exam.

The majority of students outside of Class 1-D and Class 2-D had already found partners.

They were just our two classes in which students hadn't found a partner yet.

Even if I stayed away from the previous meeting that Horikita organized with Nanase... I still kept an eye on Horikita's actions to see in which direction she was leading our class.

Yato: ...

When I got out of my room, I went to the elevator to call it. I waited a short moment before seeing the door opening and saw Horikita alone standing in it.

Horikita: Oh? So you finally join us for a meeting huh?

I just smiled and stepped into the elevator...

Yato: I told you didn't I? I said I would come so here I am...

The door of the elevator closed and it started going down to the lobby...

Horikita: I know it's just you seemed quite disinterested in the situation so I thought you would just not come...

Yato: Ahh you're wrong Horikita... I kept an eye on it since the very beginning after all...

She started looking at me...

Horikita: What is it supposed to mean?

I just smirked and leaned against the wall of the elevator...

Yato: Let's say that I am just testing a certain person...no...in fact, multiple people...

Horikita: ...

She remained silent probably wondering if I was talking about her... She probably thought I was curious about how she would handle the situation by herself and if it was the reason why I didn't participate in any of the previous meetings...

But before she could ask anything else, the door opened as we reached the dorm lobby...

I just got out of the elevator and Horikita followed me...

Horikita: Sorry I kept you waiting...

She said this to Kiyo and Sudo who were waiting for us but Horikita and I turned our attention to Sudo...

Horikita: What is Sudo-kun doing?

Sudo was just standing there taking deep breaths and stretching out his arms in some show of radio calisthenics.

Yato: Ehhh is he fine?

Kiyo: He is just taking deep breaths...

Horikita looked slightly curious for a moment, but she quickly returned to her usual stiff expression.

We set off to the designated meeting place. That is the Karaoke parlor in the Keyaki Mall. It was an extremely popular spot for late-night hangouts as it was open until 10:00 PM seven days a week.