Volume 2: Similarity

??? Monologue

This moment, in a 1st-year classroom within the Advanced Nurturing high school.

Class ended and people got up from their desks for the break time. But personality I leaned my head on my desk and closed my eyes...starting remembering that day...

It was during my childhood.

The Zenin family possesses a lot of properties and one of them is a large field where a lot of residences were installed. It was there that the main residence for the head clan was located.

Of course, the other residences were classed by the hierarchical level.

That's why people from the second branches of the family were honored to have their own residence there...

That meant they were closer to the power offered of being someone of the Zenin family.

But even if you are from the Zenin family and have some Zenin blood in your vein... as long you are from one of the secondary branches, you are still less than nothing compared to the main branch of the family.

That's why usually there was only the woman and the kids staying in these residences while adult men were sent across Japan to work for a collaborator of the Zenin clan. They were only coming back to the Zenin residence for the family meeting or for their jobs.

But they didn't care...because even if they couldn't obtain the power themself...their hope was in their kids.

Since kids' education was done by the Zenin clan itself.

School, sports, martial arts, education, morals, values...

Everything was done by servants and people engaged by the clan to form the next generation.

But even for us kids, the family branch was important...the ones from the main branch were prioritized in their education.

But...

Only if you were a boy.

Because the clan was still against the idea of letting power to a woman.

That's why the two girls of Zenin Ougai, one of the three sons of the previous head clan and brother of Zenin Kishibe the current leader, were having a similar education to us since they could never be the head of the clan. 

That's why the future head clan was apparent...

Zenin Naoya.

He was older than us and was the only candidate of the main branch to succeed his father as the head of the clan. He was also something called a genius...

But still...

Due to the lack of future candidates for the head clan...the parents of us, kids from the secondary branches, were most optimistic than ever.

After Zenin Naoya or if something happens to him...

There would be no one from the main branch to get the power of the Zenin family.

For the first time in the whole history of our clan, there was clearly lacking potential successors from the main branch of the family.

That's why more than ever, kids like us were given a hard education and were used by our parents for their dream to access power.

But personality...I knew I would never have my chance no matter how hard I work to become a "genius" or a potential head clan...

And my parents probably knew it as well...there was no hope for me and I couldn't do anything about it.