Volume 4: Experience

Chapter 5

Yato Pov:

Earlier today, Ryuji and I decided to part away after reaching our first designated area of the day, which was C4. The reason why we decided to take different ways was the state of our supplies. It was now a priority to gather and gain some.

That's why Ryuji stayed around C4 and participated in some tasks close before the designation of the second area of the day while I moved away from C4 and the areas around to ensure some supplies. I ended up in B6 to participate in a task that gave us water depending on our order of arrival at the task site. That's also why I decided to leave Ryuji behind; I knew he wouldn't be able to run to my rhythm through the forest all the way to the task...

Even more so when our second designated area ended up being E4, an area quite far from B6. 

That's why immediately after I claimed the reward for the task I had just completed, I started making my way to E4. I didn't bother myself to hurry up or run there. I knew even if Ryuji managed to get there quite fast...I wouldn't be fast enough to claim one of the Early Bird Bonus in time.

After a moment of walking through the forest, I took a look at my watch...

It was now 9:37, and I received a notification that I had won a point, not because I had reached the designated area but because Ryuji had just done so.

Since it took him almost 40 minutes to reach E4 from C4, it means he probably managed to encounter some classmates who were passing by to get some supplies from them. Or he might even had some chance and found a task giving free supplies as well on his way to E4. He knew there was no rush knowing I wouldn't be there on time for the arrival bonus...

Yato: ...

But as I was looking at my watch...

???: Wow~~ Kanzaki-senpai is really working hard huh~~

Yato: Sighs...

I just saw a devilish red-haired demon walking on my side to get a better look at my wrist and my watch...

Yato: Why are you still following me?!

Amasawa: Hehe~~ Senpai don't act as if you were annoyed~~ I know you are not in reality~~ 

Amasawa Ichika, a...troublesome...? first-year kouhai with whom I had many encounters since the beginning of the year. She's always been one of the first-year students who have been the most suspect. Shortly after the start of the new year, she rapidly tried to get closer to me to trap me because she claimed that she hates me.

I have never met this girl before, but I can see and sense a genuine sense of hate toward me coming from her. There are many people who might have a sense of hatred toward me because of my past and what I did..but I can't think of what I did to her to deserve this.

What's wrong is that she's also a lot involved with the current matter of Ayanokoji Kiyotaka. I heard there's a bounty on his head and that many first-years are trying to expel him because of the bounty, but...there's something off about this girl. During the knife incident, I decided to use her to test Kiyo to have a better understanding of him, but in their plan, there was something off...as if Amasawa was letting evidence to Kiyo so he could find out Hosen's plan. I let that slide at first cause I obtained what I wanted back then, but once again, when Nanase was attacking Kiyo...she claimed that she wanted to save him and not expel him...

Would she try to get closer to him to backstab him? She helps him against the other first-years who are after the bounty to expel Kiyo herself at the end...?

There's also the fact that there was someone, most likely Shiba-sensei, chasing her this morning...was she supposed to assist Nanase in attacking Kiyo and decided to do otherwise and help this last one? Going against the order and the bounty?