Volume 2: End of the first semester

Chapter 9

Yato Pov:

School ended for the day which also meant the end of the week. We were now Friday the 9th of July. Summer break was around the corner, and students seemed more and more impatient.

Group formation hasn't advanced since the last time I checked two days ago, and there were still more than 90% of people who formed a group.

Chabashira: I'd like to take a short moment of your time before you all leave...

Chab's sensei stayed in class and was still standing in front of us.

Chabashira: The group formation ends soon so the ones who haven't formed a group yet I would advise you to quickly take a decision or ask for some help to join a group

There were still a few students in our class who hadn't joined any groups yet, but I heard Suzune and Hirata were taking care of them. So there was no need to worry...

Chabashira: After the deadline which is the 16th of July. The next Monday, July 19 we will immediately leave for the ship, and once on board, we'll reach our destination on the same day. That means the exam will start on July 20. Even if your groups are made, I advise you to use these 11 days remaining to get ready physically and mentally for these two weeks. With that in mind, I wish you a nice weekend.

Yato: How kind of you...

On these nice words, she left the room. But what Chabs said wasn't wrong...even if your preparation was done using the remaining time to prepare yourself for these two weeks was a good thing.

Yato: ...

Students who were already in a group probably wanted to enjoy their last free time before the exam because they all gathered with their friends and were about to leave for the Keyaki Mall.

Yato: ...

As I was looking around my gaze fell on Suzune...who didn't look in my direction as she seemed focused on the remaining students. She was with Hirata and were talking about which adjustment they should make for the upcoming exam.

Yato: Great...

Despite what happened recently... she kept her focus on what she should...Maybe this time it worked, and she will stop asking anything about me.

Yato: But now...

Still sitting on my seat with my hands in my pocket I started looking at my neighbor...

Yato: Hey Kiyo I'm bored...let's go hang out somewhere...

Kiyo: ...

As he was putting his stuff in his bag...he stopped and froze. He slowly turned his head to start looking in my direction...

Kiyo: This invitation is odd...what you're up to?

My eyebrow just raised a bit annoyed by what he just said...