Volume 3: Sense of danger

Chapter 3

Touma Pov:

I woke up at 6:00 a.m. the next morning. 

After Nanase decided to continue her way toward D7, I decided to set up my camp in D6 for the day. Since D6 is located where the largest river of the island is...I decided to set up my tent not too far from the river.

There were many tents proposed by the school. Tents for one person, tents for more than two people and more. Since I'm alone, I obviously opted for a one-person tent, and still...there were many different models of tents for one person. Even if I started with more points due to my card, Head Start, I didn't choose the most expensive one. I opted for the one just below cause good rest and some comfort will be important to last two weeks alone in the forest.

Cause just as I thought...sleeping in a tent in the middle of the forest isn't like sleeping in a 5-star hotel bed.

I'll get used to it, but it wasn't the best night of sleep I had...far from that.

Before going to sleep, I put an alarm on my tablet for 6:15 a.m., but because of the sunlight and heat outside, I ended up being awake at 6:00 a.m.

I still managed to get a good amount of sleep and will have plenty of energy for the day.

After changing myself in my second set of clothes, I got out of my tent and took my breakfast. 

Calling this a breakfast was quite a euphemism, though...it was only one of the portable meals I bought, but it would still give me enough energy for the day.

After my breakfast, I started packing up my tent and sat on a rock while waiting for 7:00 a.m. and my first designated area.

Touma: ...

I didn't meet anyone yesterday when I set up my tent here, but I'm surprised not to hear more noise than this...

The forest was quite silent despite the fact that the other group must also be ready to start their day. That's why I was expecting to see or hear people from the same Table as me...

Because so far, I couldn't confirm who shares the same Table as me. Well, it's not exactly true...

I also confirmed that Ayanakoji-senpai wasn't sharing the same Table as me, and the same thing for Takuya's group...

But my biggest concern was still about a single person...

Koenji Rokusuke.

I still couldn't confirm if he's sharing the same Table as me. Our first designated area, which was C8, was the same one after all. But since it was our first designated area, there's still a doubt if we share the same one or not.

After all, I didn't encountered him or saw him around the other designated area yesterday.

That's why I hope we only got the same first designated area and we're not sharing the same Table...

Cause it would mean more problems if we share the same one...

Touma: Anyway... I just hope I didn't jinx myself...

Well...I'm not Yato, so relying on luck is still possible for me.

Touma: ...

Suddenly as I was still waiting for 7:00 a.m.

Touma: ...

I started to feel a presence behind me deeper in the forest...

Touma: This person clearly stays in stand back on purpose...almost to gain my attention...