Volume 4.5: Justice

Chapter 6

Yato Pov:

After being dragged by Amasawa to the restaurant, I started making my way back to my room.

Now that this bastard of Kiyo had made a deal with Amasawa and given my phone number for his own freedom, I needed to find a way to free myself of this potential nightmare incoming...which is dealing with Amasawa for the rest of the week.

That's why I agreed to play a game with her—an old hide-and-seek game with Amasawa. If she found me before 7:00 p.m., I agreed to take her out to eat breakfast for the rest of the week myself, but if I won, she had to leave me alone.

I couldn't let that bastard of Kiyo destroy my life without trying anything to get those peaceful days I want without trying anything. 

When I left the restaurant, it was 9:45 a.m. I told her she had to give me 30 minutes to prepare myself before she could start looking around. That means I have to run away from Amasawa for the next 8 hours and 45 minutes.

If no bullshit happens, it's easily winnable

Yato: But seriously...Is she that much bored?! Who agrees to take part in an 8-hour hide-and-seek game?! Whatever...as long I obtain my freedom.

The real question is should I play it safe and really hide myself somewhere she won't be able to find me?

What if I broke inside a random room and spent the whole day sleeping? Amasawa won't be able to verify every room on the cruise ship after all...

The real problem is Ryuuen. I agreed to meet up with him, but that bastard can become annoying if I keep him waiting. He'll become more annoying, and worse, he could even agree to work with Amasawa if somehow this last one learns about my game with her just to mess with me.

I also have a date with Fuka tonight, as I already booked a place at one of the best restaurants on the cruise ship. It's scheduled for 7:30 p.m., so when the game with Amasawa ends, but still...

Yato: Sighs...my day is waaay too charged with probably all the unexpected that will happen...

I was still heading to my room, where I wanted to take a quick shower before starting to plan my day according to my game with Amasawa. I preferred not to take a shower this morning to avoid any sketchy mess-up plan from Amasawa. 

I still have more than 25 minutes, so I have to take one right now before the day starts.

As I was walking down the stairs to reach my room's floor...

BAM

I was quite in a hurry, so I didn't really pay attention to my surroundings and ended up bumping into someone as I turned the corner after walking down the stairs.

The person I bumped into didn't fall on the floor but dropped a few sheets she had in her hands.

Chabs: Sighs...

Not even looking at who she bumped into, she just let out a sigh as all the sheets she had in her hands fell on the floor. 

The person ended up being Chabashira Sae, my teacher. She was still wearing her usual teacher uniform, but what caught my attention was that she still seemed sleepy, almost as if she had just woken up.

Yato: But now that I think about it, how much uniform like that does she have? I never saw her wearing regular clothes...

Lost in my thoughts, she just raised her gaze and finally noticed that I was the one she bumped into.