Volume 4: Surprise

Chapter 9

Yato Pov:

The day finally ended on the island. After this strange incident with these students of the 1-D, we continued to gather points without any difficulty.

It seems Touma perfectly managed to control the situation like I asked him to do.

Nagumo will probably want to settle everything tomorrow with everyone he decides to play with... but will fail miserably only because he has been too greedy. He should have been more serious from the very beginning instead of challenging everyone, thinking everything would go as he wanted.

I made a GPS search earlier and saw that Kiyo seems to have managed to run away from the first year. These last ones seem to have abandoned the bounty and focused on saving their groups in danger.

Yato: ...

Still lost in my mind thinking about what happened so far, Ryuji and I were walking in silence in the forest. Due to the sun having already set for a while, it became more difficult for Ryuji to walk safely due to being in the dark.

Kanzaki: We've been walking since this morning...can we just not set our camp here?

Yato: I saw on the map that there should be a sort of river close...camping close would be better...

We continued to walk in the dark using the flashlight we had until we started hearing noise and light coming from a campfire further away.

Kanzaki: There seem to be people camping over there...if it's people from my class, it might be a good idea to stay with them.

We had already encountered some groups from his class during the last few days, and every one of them agreed to share some supplies with us without any questions. As he said, it might be a good idea to stop here for today...

Yato: Yeah maybe...

We started walking toward the source of the noise and the light, and as we arrived...

Yato: Oh?

Kanzaki: ...

Surprised by our unexpected arrival, all the people camping there started looking at us. In fact, I must admit that I wasn't expecting to encounter them right now. I knew they were around and wanted to meet them tomorrow, but right now it's even better.

Hashimoto: Oh Fukazawa! Man, it's been a while. How's everything going?

Kamuro: Huh?! Yato?

As usual, Hashimoto greeted me with a smile and a friendly attitude. The group in front of us was Sakayanagi's group. Hashimoto, Shibata, Masumi, and Ninomiya were there. Only Ichinose was missing, and of course Sakayanagi for obvious reasons.

Yato: Hey I wasn't expecting to encounter you guys...In fact we were looking for a good spot to camp so we were...

But as I was talking...

Kanzaki: It won't be necessary... let's find the spot you were talking about.

Ryuji, almost in a hurry, wanted to turn around and continue to walk in the forest.

Yato: Huh? But you're the one complaining that you were too tired to walk...

Kanzaki: Are you messing with me? Let's just leave before...

???: Oh? Fukazawa-kun and Kanzaki-kun?

I started looking to my left, and a person came out of the forest to join the camp and was definitely surprised to see us there.