Volume 4: Uninhabited Island Exam begins Part.2

Chapter 3

Yato Pov:

I woke up to the sound of noises coming from outside my tent.

Yato: ...

After realizing what the source of the noise was, I just lay down and started rubbing my sleepy eyes.

With the sun rising, the heat quickly increased in the tent. We were the end of July, and the sun rose up quite early in the morning...

I checked my tablet and noticed that it was already 6:30 a.m.

Yato: Argh...

I stretched my arms, and after finding some motivation, I opened the tent to take a peek outside...

Yato: Huuuh...Wow, you seem to be very motivated this early in the morning...I'm almost jealous, Ryuji.

Ryuji was there sitting on a rock and seemed to prepare himself a meal for breakfast. His tent was already tidy, and he seemed almost ready to start the day.

Kanzaki: Oh, Yato...Well, yeah, I am. I'm more surprised by you...I thought you would already be up now...with all we need to do today. Plus, we need to make a detour by the starting area for your watch...

Yato: Sighs...I start regretting not having really used my "zero point" strategy till the end...

I sighed and shook my head a few times, annoyed by myself and the stupid ideas I had...

Kanzaki: Sorry, but as you said yesterday, it's too late to have regrets. When you wouldn't be affected if we end up in the bottom ten, I would. I don't have 3 million points or a special card, so I can't avoid expulsion if we fall into the last positions.

He said to me that no matter what happens from now on, I will have to respect my words of yesterday. But as he said this, he just smiled, as he seemed to have no regrets about accepting my proposal to team up.

Yato: Yeah Yeah trust me and everything will be fine...

I just got out of my tent with my T-shirt from yesterday that was still a bit soaked from the rain...I hung it on a tree branch close to the camp and turned around to look at Kanzaki, who was about to finish preparing his meal...

Kanzaki: I wasn't sure of your furniture, so I prepared a portion for you...after all, since we're a group, sharing our stuff isn't a problem...

Yato: Since we're a group now, huh? Isn't your class watchword to share your supply with others even if they are enemies?

Kanzaki: ...

He just started looking at me with a gaze, saying, "Are you serious?" and I just smirked...

Kanzaki: Are you provoking me?

Yato: Haha who knows?

I just walked to him and sat on a rock across from where Ryuji was sitting.

Yato: More seriously...I bought the necessary stuff, but I asked Touma to buy a few spare things, so if we miss something, we'll just have to ask him.

Kanzaki: You're brother huh? So would you finally mind telling me what you have in mind?

As he finished the meal, he lent me a sort of plate so I could have my breakfast on it.

Yato: Everything in its time, Ryuji...but yeah, you're right. 

When I asked him to be my partner for the upcoming week, he agreed without me explaining my plan.

Yato: As I said yesterday, we'll climb the ranking and reach the top three...