Volume 4.5: The winner is...

Chapter 7

6th August \ Third day of the vacation

Amasawa Pov:

It's been a moment since our hide-and-seek game started between Fukazawa-senpai and me.

So far, I've mostly been wandering around while gathering information about his potential position. I've been hoping to maybe encounter him by chance, as it seems, according to Gou-chan, that he always complains about his bad luck. So, encountering him because of his misfortune was maybe possible and might be funny if it really happens.

Yesterday, when I managed to obtain Fukazawa-senpai's phone number, I just thought it would be a good way to mess with him...but in the end, I ended up agreeing to that game that he proposed while giving him a chance to avoid having me around for the rest of the vacations.

Why?

If I wanted to annoy him and mess with him, I shouldn't have agreed to play that game...yet I accepted.

Yato: Then it would only mean my words didn't manage to reach you, Amasawa...it's not about whether I believe in what I said but more about whether you believe in my words by your sole judgment made by yourself.

Amasawa: ...

But when I took him out for breakfast this morning, I ended up facing that person I still can't understand...that person who looks down at me despite me being from the WhiteRoom...that person he is that goes against everything that I believed or my own world itself. Worst...Even Ayanokoji-senpai, our model since we were kids, acknowledged him over us despite we're from the same place as him...

Kiyo: After all, I can't imagine the possibility of Yato asking for your help to expel me if he really wants to expel me. I don't think he would need someone like you...

It's what Ayanokoji-senpai told me when I approached him after Nanase-chan failed to attack him. Back then, I tried to sow discord between Ayanokoji-senpai and Fukazawa-senpai, but he immediately called me out, saying Fukazawa-senpai wouldn't need someone like me...referring to someone from the WhiteRoom.

Ayanokoji-senpai isn't the only one who has seen something in Fukazawa Yato. Horikita-senpai is one of them too.

That's why as much as I have a resentment against him...Fukazawa Yato created that annoying feeling in my heart...making me feel as if I was uneducated in that outside world.

That's why I probably want to see what they all see in him and what he sees that I cannot see.

Amasawa: Also, when I think about it...

Yato: Don't tell me you really planned to bother me the whole day?

Amasawa: ...

Yato: I swear...Let's play a game then.

That was my plan for the day, but not only because I wanted to mess with him and find out more about him...probably because I also had nothing else to do.

That's why, when he came up with that game, seeing I had nothing else to do, I decided to accept.

Winning that hide-and-seek game and making him take me out for breakfast on his own sounds even funnier than him finding a way to avoid me for the rest of the week.

Amasawa: Hehe~~ That's why I'll win that game

While walking around the ship, it had been a while since I felt some presence around and followed me.