Volume 3 SS

Tsubaki Sakurako: An insignificant detail

In the middle of the night, I woke up due to a faint noise coming from outside my tent.

I poked my head out of my tent and verified that a sound was coming from the forest. More precisely, it was an emergency alarm from a watch.

Soon after, two members of my group also poked their heads out of their tent. It was Hayasaka-san from my class and Mitsui-san from the 1-A.

Mitsui: Is that...

Hayasaka: An emergency alert...

Mitsui: If I remember correctly, if after two consecutive alarms...

Hayasaka: There might be some people in danger, but still...acting recklessly might cause us some trouble as well.

Tsubaki: ...

I was glad that she reached this conclusion without me having to intervene. She's from my class, and we formed a group together, but I don't really get along with her or know her well... in fact, aside from Utomiya-kun, I don't speak to many of my classmates. My only goal is to expel Ayanokoji-senpai.

Tsubaki: But still...

Even if I didn't want to go looking for the source of the alarm...it was quite suspicious.

Suddenly...

???: KYAAA!

Tsubaki\Hayasaka\Mitsui: !!!!!

The three of us were surprised to hear a scream coming in the other direction of the emergency alarm...

Mitsui: H-Hey...what's going on exactly?

Hayasaka: ...

While there were more and more suspicious things, my eyes widened...

Tsubaki: With all these noises, would you still be sleeping?!

I emerged from my tent, surprising the other girls, and walked towards the fourth tent in our camp.

As soon I arrived in front of the tent I didn't waste a second and opened it.

Tsubaki: ...

Mitsui and Hayasaka seemed surprised by my actions, but I didn't care, it was important to verify something.

Tsubaki: ...

But it seemed I was too paranoid because what I feared was just my wild imagination.

I thought all these things going on around could be done by this guy who I can't comprehend, Masachika Kuze. He's been suspicious for the start of the year due to Ayanokoji's bounty and that's why I preferred keeping him around.

But even if he didn't come out of his tent to verify the source of the noise, he was lying in his tent with his hand behind his head. He was staring seriously at the ceiling of his tent, not smiling as usual.

After a quick moment, he just started looking at me and smiling as usual.

Masachika: Tsubaki-chan who decided to pay me a surprise visit in the middle of the night~~

Tsubaki: You're not alarmed by these noises happening around?

Masachika: ...

He looked at me for a moment until he just laid back again...

Masachika: It's quite the opposite...we should go take a look as soon the sun starts rising up...of course...

He then started looking at me again with a sly smile.