Volume 4.5: Birthday Party Stratagem

Chapter 3

5th August \ Second day of the vacation.

Touma Pov:

Touma: Is that so?

Miyazaki: Yeah! Am I right Hayashi?

Hayashi: Yeah, seeing you at the head of the ranking just motivated us to do our best and not fall behind Fukazawa! Many people think like us.

I just smiled and nodded.

Touma: I see. I'm glad to hear that. I won't bother you any longer. Enjoy your vacation!

Miyazaki: Thanks! Let's find some time to go hang out Fukazawa!

I nodded once again as I looked at these two walking away. They are classmates who had participated in a duo in the previous exam on the desert island. 

Since yesterday, I have taken some time to discuss and make sure everything went fine for everyone during these two weeks. Thanking them for their effort was just a way to show their effort were noticed. After all, no one in our class ended up in danger. That's why making sure the morale was high in the class was something I had to do as the representative of my class.

Touma: Now that I talked with these two, I officially had a talk with all my classmates...

The only one I hadn't seen yet was Takuya. I called him, but we hadn't met since the exam ended. Yesterday, he preferred to stay in his room to regain some strength after these long two weeks.

He also apologized over the phone for having worked with Tsubaki. I said it was fine, but he insisted that he wanted to apologize correctly to have hidden things from me.

After all, a few first-years worked together with the goal of expelling Ayanokoji Kiyotaka. The majority didn't understand what happened even though they were involved despite not knowing about the bounty of Ayanokoji's head.

Anyway, I'm supposed to meet Takuya later today as he invited me to have lunch with me.

The meeting time was 13h00 at one of the cruise ship's cafes, but it was just 12h00. I still have time before the meeting time.

I was on the largest deck of the cruise ship, where the biggest pool and the majority of people gathered today. The mood was really different from the previous two weeks or even what I have seen so far in this school. For the first time, it seemed like a normal school, where students were enjoying their summer break with their friends.

Even if I came to this school for a few precise reasons...enjoying my time and creating memories is not something I should forget.

With that in mind, I started walking around the deck, hoping to encounter someone I know. I had some time to waste before my meeting with Takuya after all.

After a moment of walking around, I saw two girls I recognized. Both of them were hiding around a corner as they seemed to spy on something or someone further away...

Even without their weird behavior, I would have approached them, but now I was even more puzzled and curious about their attitude. That's how I started to approach them from behind until I started hearing what they were saying.

???: What this idiot's doing?!

???: I was pretty sure there was something between him and her...

???: Yeah right?!

???: Who's this girl anyway?!

While they seemed annoyed and curious at the same time...they were side by side trying to stay hidden while they were looking further away...