Volume 4.5: Expectations

Chapter 2

Horikita Pov:

After talking with Kanzaki and realizing how our situation was more similar than I could have imagined, I decided and understood I lost enough time and had to go see Yato.

I was scared and reluctant to go see him this morning because of the gaze he had yesterday...it just made me feel that the gap between us was increasing every day and that I might never be able to break this wall separating us.

The day I asked Yato, "Is Fukazawa Yato still alive?" just like her brother told me to, I told Fukazawa Touma that I would always be there for Yato. After all that he did for me and how he has always been there for me, it's only natural to do the same for him.

The wall between us won't disappear magically and the situation won't change overnight. Only time will allow me to be able to understand who is truly Fukazawa Yato.

I made up my mind. Despite Yato's warning about not trying to know more about him or caring for him, I'll be as stubborn as he was with me last year regarding my relationship with my brother.

Only time will allow me to do so, and just as Kanzaki said, becoming the person that Yato believes I can become will help me to finally be able to break this wall between us.

Horikita: ...

As I approached the infirmary rooms, specifically the Yato room, I started to hear voices coming from his room.

There was one specific voice that was talking quite loudly. I wasn't sure at first but I quickly recognized this voice, and I wasn't expecting this person to be there.

Arrived in front of Yato's room, I hesitated a moment before opening the door and decided to wait a bit more.

Ishizaki: Man seriously Fukazawa you're truly something else! Am I right Albert?

Albert: Yes.

The person who talked quite loudly was really the person I originally thought to be. It was Ishizaki and Albert from Ryuuen's Class.

Ishizaki: Already being fine after such an injury!! That's just incredible!! I knew sleeping was the best cure, hahaha!

Yato: Right? Hahaha!

???: Incredible? I don't know...I think it's just pretty scary and werid...but you truly seem to find Yato amazing, huh?

Ishizaki: W-W-Well of course Baji-san!! The same applies to your brother, of course!!

Horikita: Baji?

After hearing a girl's voice that I didn't recognize and noticing that Ishizaki seemed nervous, I finally opened the door of the infirmary.

When I opened the door, everyone turned around to look at me. Just like I heard from outside, there were three people plus Yato. It seems Ishizaki and Albert came to see Yato. There was also this girl, which I don't recall having ever seen before.

Ishizaki: Damn you're hella popular man!

With a smile he just started looking at Yato. I was quite surprised because it wasn't a bevahoir I was expecting to see from Ishizaki.

Ishikzai: We'll get going! Be sure to get out so we can go hang out on the ship!

Yato: Sighs...I swear I won't stay another whole day here...

Ishizaki: Hahaha take care man!

Albert just put his hand on Yato's shoulder before turning around and walking away next to Ishizaki.