Volume 4: Different worlds

Chapter 10

Kanzaki Pov:

After going to sleep last night, I looked at the map for a moment in my tent and started to prepare mentally for our final day on this island.

All the concretization of Yato's plan, my resolution to change...everything will end up paying off that final day.

That's why I decided to go to sleep quite early to be sure I had the energy needed for that final rush for our victory.

Yato with me, I thought everything would be fine...

But I didn't and couldn't have expected what would happen the next morning.

I usually got up at 6:00 a.m., but I ended up being awake by some noise coming outside of my tent. When I got out of my tent, I found Hashimoto's group gathered outside as they all seemed perplexed about something...

I looked at them, unsure, until I realized there was a tent and a person missing from their group. Ichinose's tent wasn't there, and she was also missing.

It seems Hashimoto realized Ichinose's tent wasn't there when he got up. It seems she left early in the morning when everyone was still asleep.

I was quite shocked and puzzled about the situation, but I already made up my mind...I was going to help Yato get the third place even if it meant going against Ichinose in that special exam. If Hashimoto's group were losing Ichinose's help, it was definitely an advantage for Yato and me as their group was our direct competitor.

I suddenly started to remember that last night Yato and Ichinose disappeared for a moment. After spending that much time around Yato, I started to understand that he always has something in his mind no matter how he acts...

That's why I wanted to talk about all this with him until I realized something else...

Kanzaki: Yato didn't wake up despite all the noise?

His tent was there, so I just decided to approach it while Hashimoto's group was doing a report to Sakayanagi.

Kanzaki: Yato? 

I called out his name, but I didn't hear an answer...or I should be more precise and say that I didn't hear a sound coming from his tent.

Kanzaki: ...

I hesitated a moment until I decided to open his tent but...

Kanzaki: !!!

I'd been shocked to see Yato wasn't in his tent. All his stuff was there. Only Yato was missing.

Hashimoto: What's wrong Kanzaki?

Hashimoto noticed me standing in front of Yato and asked if there was something wrong.

Kanzaki: Have you seen Yato this morning?

Hashimoto: Huh? No, he hadn't come out of his tent yet...wait is there a problem?

Kanzaki: ...

I just stayed silent and immediately walked to my own tent to take out my table from my bag. 

I immediately did a GPS feature, and what I saw was incomprehensible...

Yato's signal was off as his position wasn't on the map. Ichinose suddenly vanishing and now Yato?!

We continued to wait, but shortly after, it finally turned 7:00 a.m., and the last day of the special finally started.

Hashimoto: Sorry Kanzaki but we really need to go...