8 | A Day To Remember

"How the hell were they able to reach his door?" Seojun was asking the security officer

"Well sir, the one security officer who usually stayed with him, left to go have Christmas with their family. So I stepped in to escort him to your family Christmas dinner and to escort him back. No one was manning the door at the time."

"From now on, I want his door to be covered by at least one security officer. 24/7. We've got to catch these bastards before they do something really harmful. I spoke with a psychiatrist who says that the aggression will and is progressing. They've sent a knife indicating they are ready to harm him. So far, they've just been trying to taunt him. I'm tightening up on his security."

Jungkook was just sitting on his couch, not afraid, but stunned. Taehyung was there and he was holding his hand and caressing his back. He had also fixed him a drink. Taehyung hated seeing him like this. He was usually the strong and confident man he had first met. But now he was weak with worry. But Taehyung couldn't determine if he was more upset about the security detail being in his space all the time or the threats.

"Taehyung, you can go if you want. You may have friends you would rather spend the rest of your Christmas with," Jungkook offered.

"I don't feel comfortable leaving you alone. Jimin is out of town and I just think you need someone here for emotional support. I know it sounds like a boyfriend thing. But I promise I won't overstep our previously set boundaries. I just don't feel comfortable leaving you right now." That was a lot to say in a whisper but he didn't want Jungkook's dad to hear.

And Chris and Simon were away visiting their families for the holiday. Tae would just be alone at the apartment anyway, wishing he was with Jungkook.

Taehyung hated that Jungkook was going through this anonymous stalker ordeal. But it did give him an excuse to be boyfriend material for him. He wanted to be his knight in shining armor who saved the day. And also the one who won him at the end of the story. If he ever actually got the chance to be the one to catch the guilty culprit, he'd thank them for helping him get closer to Kook and then turn and end them.

"Thank you. And I'm sorry for this crappy Christmas," Jungkook said with a half smile.

"It wasn't crappy. I've enjoyed it. Except for the bloody knife wedding cake thing." Tae chuckled to lighten the mood.

He continued, "And the day isn't over. We can still make it a day to remember."

Kook smiled and his hand went to Taehyung's face as he caressed his cheek. Taehyung's kindness was overwhelming to him. It made him feel things. Tae leaned into his hand and eventually kissed his palm. Tae wanted to kiss him so badly and hold him until his worries were gone. Oh yeah, and he still wanted to fuck him until he passed out.

Jungkook's dad was finally done rearranging his detail.

Mr. Jeon interrupted their private moment. "Well, Jungkook at least you are safe. I'm going to leave you now but if there are any other developments, please call. I'll let your mother know you're ok. She was distressed."