12 | Friend and Friend

Taehyung took a seat in the living area while Jungkook put on pajamas

Taehyung took a seat in the living area while Jungkook put on pajamas. Normally, he would follow him into his bedroom but not this time. Taehyung was still pissed and also confused as to what his feelings for him were. He noticed Jungkook changed into a set of pajamas he liked, the pale pink satin with white trimming. They screamed stay-at-home-hubby. Maybe that's why he loved them. Such traditional nightwear for a non-traditional Jungkook.

"Are you still mad at me?" Jungkook asked.

"No. I'm mad at me."

"Why are you mad at you?" He asked as he sat on the sectional.

"I knew that going into this thing with you-being your personal was going to build up into a huge disaster. I'm not the one to fall for a person easily but with you, it's been different. And I should've bailed out sooner. I blame myself for ruining things between us. We had become friends and now I've messed that up."

He continued, "When I saw you and that guy practically grinding into each other, Jungkook, I lost it. I fucking lost it. I wanted to beat his ass to a pulp. I can't allow myself to be your personal feeling this way. You're not my boyfriend. It shouldn't matter to me who you dance with or if you cancel sessions."

"I'm sorry for dancing with that guy like that. I got scared because of the intimacy we experienced while visiting your folks and I thought getting drunk and dancing would help me meet someone else and I could get you off of my mind," Jungkook revealed.

"So, I've been on your mind?"

"Of course. I've missed you. And I don't know what to do about that. I've never had a relationship or felt anything for anyone. Never even cared a little bit. Not even in high school."

"Wait, I've seen your high school pictures. You were drop-dead gorgeous and yet no one asked you out?" Taehyung was stunned.

"I got asked out all the time. But I can't do intimacy. Not even back then. So I kept guys in the friend zone. I even went to prom alone."

"Wow. If those high school hunks didn't stand a chance..."

"The kissing me at the turn of the New Year and the touching and flirting was a little bit much. You get intense sometimes and you make me nervous." Jungkook's face turned red and he looked down playing with his fingers. He felt like a teenager confessing to his crush. Tae was being intense at the moment as he looked at him. Like he was absorbing all that he was with his eyes.

 Like he was absorbing all that he was with his eyes