28 | Too Good To Be True

Jeon Jungkook had always worked hard

Jeon Jungkook had always worked hard. Not just because he worked for his family's company, but because he loved his job and was good at it.

For the past five years, he had been serving as the VP of their New Music Talent division. His department was tasked with locating new talent; listening to audition tapes; putting groups together and working with their musicians to create music for their new and upcoming artists. After the groups started to make progress, they were then put into the hands of Choi Seongyoon, the VP of Jeon Entertainment's Music Talents. It was his department's responsibility to continue to manage the successful artists.

Trial Date had worked hard to make a name for themselves. Jungkook's team had pushed them hard, but now their push was getting ready to pay off. They were so popular already that Choi Seongyoon was salivating at their potential.

Seongyoon was who made Jungkook late getting off work. They were discussing the band's yearly schedule that had already been worked up by Jungkook and his staff. But, Seongyoon thought that since the band was so well established, he'd take them off of his hands as he had plans for them.

Jungkook would mull it over and discuss it with the band's general manager.

The band's success could not have come at a better time. This was to be the first year that the city of New York would host the Annual New York City Music Awards. This event was made to be an alternative to the Grammys.*

The dress code was open. In other words, the guests were to be dressed in whatever they wanted. There was a red carpet like the Grammys with plenty of opportunities for photo ops. New York-based bands would be playing that night, as well as being nominated and/or presenting awards.

Trial Date had been nominated for best new group and best single release for one of their songs. They were also scheduled to perform. The band would announce their new album at the event for the publicity.

So, for Jungkook, this was a work event. Taehyung had decided to go with him. He didn't want him to be alone, just having security sitting with him. Then they all planned to go out after the show to celebrate. He had made reservations for the band, some staff, his groups of friends, and Taehyung's friends, Chris and Simon. Tae wanted Jungkook to finally meet them.

Taehyung had been contemplating having a talk with him after the event. They had become closer since they reconciled and now he felt it was time he shed light on what kind of work he really does in the filming job. It was close to time for him to introduce him to Yoongi.

Taehyung was savoring all the moments he shared with Jungkook. They were in domestic bliss. The couple cherished doing activities together. They slept, ate, and showered together. Jimin described their happiness as simply vibing.

Of course, there was loads of sex. They couldn't keep their hands off of each other. Taehyung would purposely stay in the bedroom with him, not because he didn't need to be left alone, but because he loved to watch him undress. They couldn't get undressed without having sex. This is what happened the evening before.