20 | Taught Him to Love

Somewhere in the depths and world of crime in Manhattan, there was an operative surveilling a prostitution ring

Somewhere in the depths and world of crime in Manhattan, there was an operative surveilling a prostitution ring. After months of working, the case was now being blown wide open with a smoking piece of intel.

"We've got chatter, detective," the lead agent announced.

"That's great. So you found someone on the inside?" The detective asked.

"Yes, we did. We found a disgruntled low life. Goes by the name Sehun. This name is on none of the lists we were given. So I'm assuming he's been short-listed. We've been listening to hours of nonsense but finally heard a conversation concerning a move date for the month of March. We will work to try to get an exact date."

"So their plan is moving forward for March?" The lead detective asked.

"Yes, and there may be more victims than what we counted, boss. So it would help us tremendously to have the judge sign off on additional surveillance and approve a search warrant for that date once we get it. We are now looking at possibly three locations these bastards are trying to traffic teenagers and missing persons through," the operative informed while shaking his head.

"So, we kill plenty of birds with this one operation, eh? That's good thinking. I'll head over to the D.A.'s office now and see what strings I can pull. Thanks a lot, Namjoon. Great job."

The New York State Missing Persons Clearinghouse helped to make this operation possible. The NYPD decided to partner with this special task force so that they could ultimately assist in finding missing persons. They typically were interested in cases where children, college students, and other vulnerable groups were involved.*

With their support, the lead detective and police department had funding for state-of-the-art surveillance systems and devices. They also had more men and women on the case. In addition, this agency had databases full of intel on the escort houses.

The partnership was proving to be beneficial. They now were getting viable information on the work these houses do and how they are connected to the prostitution of minors, sex trafficking, and labor trafficking.

With intel now coming in, as far as the agents on the job were concerned, this was already a great morning.

Also on this bright Monday morning, Jungkook was at his desk waiting for Jimin to bring him the photo shoot pics that Trial Date had taken to release along with their album.

"Here they are. The finals are here. And let me say, they are stunning. I'm sure you'll be well pleased," Jimin commented as he took his usual spot across from Jungkook's desk.

Jungkook grabbed the file and went through the shots. The band looked really great. He knew that they would soon become heartthrobs as soon as they became popular. They had a nice size following already and he and his department would be the ones to make them global icons.