11 | Moth to a Flame

It had been a few days since Jungkook and Taehyung made it back to New York

It had been a few days since Jungkook and Taehyung made it back to New York. Tae noticed that he had canceled two sessions with him. When he canceled the first one, he thought he was busy with work as he claimed.

But then Jimin sent him a text, instead of Jungkook, letting him know that tonight was also canceled.

Jungkook was distancing himself from him.

And this was well and good if that's the decision he wanted to make. Taehyung wouldn't push him. But it bothered him that Jungkook could be away from him for so long. He thought they were falling for each other. They couldn't seem to keep their hands off of each other when they were together. They were also spending a lot more time together than what was scheduled. So, it surprised Taehyung when Jungkook canceled tonight's session.

But Taehyung remembered something Jungkook said back at his parents.

You know, I was thinking, when we get to New York, we should reset our boundaries.

Maybe Jungkook was serious about going back to the nature of their initial contract. Even though Taehyung never signed it, they agreed to try for three months and renegotiate at that point. That point was the very next week.

Why would he be distancing himself from me when he could just end things with me?

There were only two reasons possible, Taehyung thought. First, Jungkook had feelings for him and he was trying to deny those feelings by staying away. He could be afraid of the emotional attachment.

They would usually text each other all day and even send each other TikTok videos. But he had not responded to any of his messages. Jungkook trying to deny his feelings for him was the preferred reason Taehyung wanted to believe was the problem at hand. He didn't like the other possible reason for Jungkook's current behavior.

Their planned time together was almost over and he could be looking for a new personal.

Fuck.

Just thinking about him having Jimin set him up with someone from one of those god-forsaken agencies sickened him. And it also made his heart ache a little. If Jungkook ended up with someone else, Taehyung didn't know what he would do.

Taehyung blamed himself for his predicament. Why did he agree to their arrangement anyway? He knew he had a great capacity for love and would get hurt. But he thought he needed to for work. It was a win-win for both of them. But then a month and a half in, he caught feelings for him. And the feelings grew after an additional month. Now, it was not just work or hot sex that drew Tae to him. It was Jungkook. Period.

He loved spending time with him. They would watch movies together. They shared meals. Jungkook took him out on dates (fake ones but real to him). And then Jungkook started to get stalked and that provided an opportunity to care for him. He would give him massages after a long day. Taehyung would even take him food to his job when he and Jimin were working late. Yeah, he had a thing for Jeon Junkook.