10 | Happy New Year

"Hello, you two! So nice of you to join us," Mrs

"Hello, you two! So nice of you to join us," Mrs. Kim exclaimed. "I thought you were gonna sleep through the New Year celebration." She was still busy setting the table for dinner.

"Is there anything I can do to help Mrs. Kim?" Jungkook asked. Taehyung's sister, Jian, was already in the kitchen with her apron on helping out.

"Oh no, my dear. You are our guest and we just want you to be comfortable. Taehyung, take Jungkook to the den and fix him a drink." Taehyung could tell that his mother was trying to court Jungkook on his behalf. He rolled his eyes and grabbed Jungkook's hand to pull him into the den.

He made him seltzer water with lemon and grabbed himself a beer.

"Jungkook you're allowed to drink alcohol you know?"

"I know but I've already sinned under their roof. If I drink I'll get loose in the tongue. And Lord only knows what I'd do or say to embarrass myself."

"Well, I enjoyed making love to you in my high school bedroom this afternoon. I feel like I've just hooked up with the hot guy from math class."

"Oh is that what we're doing now? Making love instead of having sex?" Kook took a sip of his water.

"Well, I think we do a combination of both. But either way, I always cherish it."

Jungkook looked down at his drink for a lack of a comeback to that. Taehyung can be a little too intense. With the staring, and his face, and his words, and his face, and his scent, and his face. Fuck, Kook couldn't handle it and Tae knew it.

"Come, let me show you my old hang-out spot." He grabbed his hand and they went to the basement. There was a pool table in the middle of the main room. A large tv with a game system hooked to it was sitting on a tv stand. The basement had two bedrooms and a bathroom right off the main large area.

"My friends and I would hang out down here for hours. Now it's where my nephews sneak off to. I see their game system is still hooked up. You won't get to meet them tonight, they are at their other grandparent's place for the holidays."

"So your sister Jian who's upstairs has the boys right? But both your brothers Yijun and Juwon have all girls?"

"Right. You have a great memory."

"I try. I'm nervous about getting their names wrong."

"You don't have to be baby. I assure you they are no one special to impress."

"Your mom is extremely honest and straightforward by the way," Kook said while taking a drink.

"Yeah, she is. She disarms you with a high-pitched and kind voice. And then comes in for the kill with her demands and expectations that she will utter in a monotone voice. She is already trying to coax me into proposing marriage. If only she knew of our arrangement details." He took a sip of his beer.