26 | Together-Together

February 15th

February 15th. The morning after Valentine's Day brings mixed feelings for different people. For some, it's a day that is already missed as the day before was the best of their romantic relationship. For others, it's a day they couldn't wait to get past, as they had no love prospects or partners.

For Jungkook and Taehyung, it brought about a hodgepodge of feelings. Jungkook had confessed his love to him. Taehyung was beyond thrilled. But, there was trepidation that was the undertone to their mutual bliss.

For Taehyung, their happiness carried delayed destruction. He felt there was a peaceful quiet between them, before a crashing storm. He couldn't get settled into the relationship because of the undercurrent of pain that could possibly accompany the gleeful feeling.

Taehyung was afraid of two things. Number one, Jungkook could still not be ready for a relationship, and not disclose this information to him. Number two, he could backtrack because of some other reason, such as the age gap. Taehyung was nervous that overnight, things could change.

Jungkook was also feeling uncertain. He was afraid of what Taehyung expected of him after his confession he made. He did love him and he had been in love with him for months. But, where did they need to go from there? Taehyung had said for him to take his time, but clearly, he purchased those promise rings so that they could make mutual love declarations. Should he ask him if he could wear his ring?

These are the difficulties that February 15th brought them.

Then there were the non-sensual events of the weekend. The stalkers had been in his office while the building was shut down. One of them had gotten into his apartment by using a fake building fire to cause them to have to evacuate. Taehyung knew exactly what to do, thank God. If it weren't for him, he could've gone into that bedroom alone and found the bed with that creepy wedding dress on it.

They had a lot to figure out and discuss as they both took the day off. Jungkook needed to take care of a couple of things.

First, he wanted to go shopping to buy clothes and personal items. So, he put on the outfit he had on the day before to go out in. They stopped and got bagels at a food truck located close to Tae's building. And then they headed out.

After getting into his personal car, they were en route to 5th Avenue. He only went into places that didn't require appointments. Jungkook needed a wardrobe asap. He chose a few suits and informal outfits at Saks. He also got shoes and a bag at Bergdorf Goodman. These few finds would dress him for outings and work until he could get some items shipped to him from his favorite online shops. They stopped at Walgreens and picked up toiletries. Finally, Jungkook's shopping was done.

He then got a phone call.

Fuck, he had forgotten to let Jimin know he wouldn't be in.

"Hello, Jimin."

"Hello, Jimin? Bitch it's after lunchtime. You could've told me you weren't coming in today," he shouted over the phone. "Where the hell are you?"

"I'm out shopping and getting ready to have a bite to eat. I'll be back in tomorrow. There was another incident, so my dad gave me the day off."