36 | March Has Come

He was met at the elevator by Jimin

He was met at the elevator by Jimin. They had been talking on the phone but he hadn't seen him since the day they almost died in the office.

"Good morning," Jimin said as he grabbed his bag and jacket. "Here is your iced coffee. I've kept your schedule a little light today, considering all that's been going on."

"Please don't do this," Jungkook responded.

"Do what?" He asked, looking confused.

"Don't treat me like I'm made of glass."

"Kook, I'm not treating you like you're made of glass. I'm treating you like a person who has just gone through something traumatic. I know you are not the one to deal with your feelings, but still, I can't imagine how you're dealing with all of this."

They made it to his office.

"Here's a little update. Believe it or not, your father did a wonderful job in keeping the lid on the stalker/escort debacle. Since everyone had to evacuate, no one really knows what has transpired. Choi Seongyoon is at home resting, trying to recover. He called your desk number and left a voicemail thanking you for visiting him. And as for me, well I'm making it."

"What happened to you? Did I miss something?" Jungkook asked.

"Oh, my God? What do you mean what happened to me? You were here," he said with his hand on his chest and the other on his hip.

"I'm still not understanding or I don't remember."

"That bitch with the Russian accent tased me," Jimin exclaimed.

"That's what you're saying you had to endure?" Jungkook giggled. It felt good. He hadn't smiled in a while.

"How dare you laugh at my pain? I'm going to therapy about it. I could've died!"

He laughed even harder.

"No one was gonna die. The real shooter didn't even make it up here."

"Well, you can bottle up your feelings all you want. But fuck, I was traumatized. Let me be dramatic, dammit," Jimin said as he snickered and sat in the chair across from him.

"I know you've been texting me and saying that you're fine, but really, how are you?" He asked.

"I'm ok. I'm making it." He took a sip of his iced coffee.

"And you and Taehyung?"

"Please don't bring him up."

"Ok," he said with his hands in a surrender position.

He and Taehyung hadn't spoken since their last sexcapade. Jungkook needed to stay clear of him in order to think straight. He needed to make some decisions and didn't want him to cloud his judgment with emotional junk. Taehyung wanted to talk it out. No. That was not his style. Jungkook only fucked things out.